• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

What is the dumbest thing you have ever heard?

Tim, that other member was in fact persuing me via text messages, not that it is any of your concern either way. :shrugs:

It is being dealt with.

Honestly, you seem to have perception issues. Something small happens and you blow it all out of proportion to the actual situation to make it more dramatic. I was in chat when you came in all "desperate" and scared because someone was "stalking" you. I thought to myself then, "More of Adam's drama." You need to stop being so dramatic and over the top.

Not everything in life is worth torturing yourself over, which is what you seem to do. We're not curing cancer here, so nothing should make you so "desperate" or so upset your "bawling".

Jenne, with all due respect, don't try to bash me when you don't even know what happened. I am trying to do the right thing by refraining from posting those text messages. Don't act like you know the whole story. You never saw any of the messages.

Jenne, with all due respect, don't try to bash me when you don't even know what happened. I am trying to do the right thing by refraining from posting those text messages. Don't act like you know the whole story. You never saw any of the messages.

Your burning all over BOY!

I'm not saying I know the whole story, but I've gotten to know your MO. Everything with you is so dramatic; end of the world style. Unfortunately, even if the text's were what you are saying, I'm disinclined to believe you due to the fact you're the little boy who cries wolf. I do know that the individual in question lives quite a distance from you and in reality, you shouldn't have felt threatened. The fact that you did just proves how dramatic you really are as a person.

Back to the stupid questions!

I've been snowed in today and am working from home - or I would be if I had been sent anything. Anyway! Whilst browsing this site my other half asks if the Husbandry thread was "Where they keep all the husbands?"

He was joking, I think.

Geeze guys... did we get bored with this site or something? What's with the drama? This isn't highschool. Can't we just drop it and get along? *pleads*

Things are a lot more fun when we "agree to disagree" and move on. This issue shouldn't have gone any farther than one thread. It's leaching all over the forum now and making this place no fun.

Lol, sit back and watch the drama unfold, huh?

Speaking of popcorn, we popped some up the other night and nommed it while watching the first GhostBusters movie. That is completely unrelated but it was delicious and brought back some good memories of when I was a kid ^_^.

Lol! Good job, you replaced my "come on guys!" with "warm fuzzies". I hope they last awhile.

BACK ON TOPIC!!!!!! Stupid things:

This is a consolidated version of a few e-mails that were sent back and force between me and a potential customer:
"Awesome, you have cornsnakes for sale! How much??"
"We have Okeetees for $40."
"$40! That's a little steep. Wait... are you a breeder?!"
"Why yes I am..."
"I don't buy from puppy mills. No wonder your prices are so outrageous."
"o_0... $40 for an Okeetee from a registered breeder who will drive up to 60 miles to deliver to your door and then give you all the advice you need for as long as you want is outrageous??"

He/She never responded to me again.

Some people :rolleyes:

I suppose it would be better to buy a snake from someone who didn't know anything about what they were doing, right? Makes sense to me :eatpointe.

I've been snowed in today and am working from home - or I would be if I had been sent anything. Anyway! Whilst browsing this site my other half asks if the Husbandry thread was "Where they keep all the husbands?"

He was joking, I think.

Hahahahahahahaha, that's the best one I've heard. Reminds me of my sister's friend... They were at the feed store with all of the chicks and ducklings, and my sister picked one up and said, "Lauren, why don't you pick up a chick?" And Lauren responds with, "Erin, I can't. You know I'm allergic to anything with fur." Hilarity ensued, especially when she went to talk to Tango, the parrot they have there, and kept trying to get it to say her name. Yes, tell the whole store who you are after your goofball comment...

I sometimes wish baby chicks stayed that way! They're soo cute! And that noise is to die for! Peep peep!

I used to have some Black Sumatras that were my pets. They'd roost on my shoulder and walk around with me, and I'd go outside with my salad and they'd hop up on my lap and pick at my leftovers. It was sooo cute! Sadly they are no more due to my brother's dog >_<.

I highly recommend them as pets though. They're a lot cooler than you'd think...

Black Sumatras:
sumatra.gif

Sorry! Back on topic:
Here's a cute site about snake myths http://www.oplin.org/snake/myths truths/mythstruths.html

I disagree with the part on that site that says "snakes cannot jump"... while I beleive that they don't have the same mechanism that we do for jumping, I've seen my fair share of cornsnakes "flying" out of their tub when it's opened. Their whole body leaves the bottom of the container, does it not? That seems like "jumping" to me...

He was joking, I think.

Haha!! Now thats funny!

I disagree with the part on that site that says "snakes cannot jump"... while I beleive that they don't have the same mechanism that we do for jumping, I've seen my fair share of cornsnakes "flying" out of their tub when it's opened. Their whole body leaves the bottom of the container, does it not? That seems like "jumping" to me...

Thats odd isnt it? My ghost was very skittish as a hatchling, and I guess she didnt know I was approaching her viv. She was on the top ledge and wham, she leaped off. How the heck do they do that, go from being totally still, to leaping. Not just falling off, totally LEAPING.

Me: "my mom doesn't like snakes that much"
Idiot: "she's right! they bite!!"
Me: "so does a dog, a rabbit... everything that has a mouth can bite"
Idiot: "yes but they don't have fangs, or won't strangle you!"
Me: "dude, how would a snake that's not even a meter young strangle me??? and they don't have fangs!!"
Idiot: "1 meter???!!! that's huge!!"

really can't stand it when people assume that every snake has fangs or could kill you when it want to by strangling you. like every snake is either a diamondback, taipan, black mamba,... or a green anaconda or something...
I know they don't know a lot about snake because they don't look it up, and that I probably believed all this when I was a kid, but it pisses me off that every one always associates snakes with death, danger,...

I was showing my mom corn pics over Xmas break...we get to a hatchling blizzard and this was our conversation

mom: Gross...that looks like intestines!
me: When was the last time you saw intestines?
mom: Thats beside the point.
me: Don't worry...they color up to a pure white as they age.
mom: Wait...how does something color up to white???

So, I guess we aren't all immune to dumb statements ;)

I didn't think I'd have anything to add to this besides what's been said but I'm at work right now and I have one I think is worthy of this thread!

My Team Leader just asked what I was thinking about and I said "snake sex" trying to be funny (because I was reading a thread about snakes breeding on here) so she started laughing and said "snakes don't have sex! They just have eggs!"

Needless to say, I never in a million years thought we'd be talking about snakes' private places at work!!

:roflmao:Okay, this isn't particularly SNAKE related but here's a story from my family that's been told and retold since the late 60's.

I grew up on a wildlife refuge. The main purpose of this refuge was to provide the proper habitat for wild birds especially migrant geese and ducks. When I was in elementary school, some photographers from NYC came down to our place in the "boonies" to take pics of all the geese. According to Mom's description, these guys knew very little about animals, domestic or wild. She doubted they even owned a dog or a cat. Well, Mom showed them around and they took some pics. And then the sun went behind a cloud so Mom took them into our old farmhouse and made some tea and snacks for them while they waited for the sun to come back out. In the middle of their conversation, one of the photographers says, "So when a mother duck has babies, what do the ducklings do if her milk dries up?"

I would have LOVED to hear this one! Nothing like getting corrected by a 5 yr old!

Devon

This is not snake related, but is just proof that some people really shouldn't be allowed to roam free.

I work at a vet's office and there was a senior couple that had just come in with their new puppy. When asked what the visit was for, they said that they were concerned about 2 tumors their puppy had between his hind legs. I saved them the expense of the office visit, but unfortunately, there was nothing I could do to save them the embarrassment when I explained to them what those 2 "tumors" actually were.

Back