• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Could it be IBD?

I'm so sorry you lost her :( I would second contacting the vets to see if they would like to do a necropsy on her to learn (possibly) what happened...

Can snakes have aneurysms or a stroke? Compromised muscle control, changes in behavior... I thought you said something about her mouth being open (facial drooping)? I know if they could have them the symptoms would probably be dissimilar to a human's, but it's another avenue of thought.

I have no clue. But I think the mouth thing was probably because she was very near the end.

Though I would have loved to know what happened, my son decided to bury her. A few days after, once he was over the worst of it, he regretted that he didn't let me chill her so we could send her to Guelph Vet University.

Martha's breeder has another young snake identical to Martha, I am tempted to get it but my son wants to wait.

Though I would have loved to know what happened, my son decided to bury her. A few days after, once he was over the worst of it, he regretted that he didn't let me chill her so we could send her to Guelph Vet University.

I'm sorry for your loss....

When I owned my pet store I had an on-call Vet. Came right to the store and went through my animals including reptiles which was her special interest in Vet school. Almost every time a reptile passed for seemingly no reason she perform an autopsy. It was a rarity that she could actually determine what the cause was beyond an educated guess.
Have no regrets and take Nanci's advice :)

Back