• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

butter or any green morph

Mysterious Morph

Can anyone tell me which morph the picture I've attached is? I've spent hours trying to find something and have found a couple similar things but nothing as pink as this.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Attachments

• $T2eC16V,!)8E9s4l7bM2BR)FW6knCg~~48_20.jpg
    $T2eC16V,!)8E9s4l7bM2BR)FW6knCg~~48_20.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 48
I think what that is, is a photo shopped Amel. :/
Just my opinion though haha.
If someone actually had something like that, they'd definitely have a lot of demand on their hands.

Here's a color vision test. I scored perfect color vision. It's pretty interesting!

This was fun. Thanks for sharing.
Your score: 18
Age range: Antique
Best score for your gender and age range: 0
Highest score for your gender and age range: 1520

Im very colorblind by the way . I just asked my co-worker what color he was I was told he was orange and yellow. LOL. I was under the impression he was green (the orange) with an even lighter shade of green (the yellow)

Either way I'm still interested in one similar to the butter above or any green morphs (if any even exist)

Color is dependent on the wavelength of light reflected off of something. If the lighting is artificial (electric/ kerosene lantern/etc) then it is going to skew the name I apply to the color. Also, if I am in a room painted orange, and the light bulbs are throwing out a pink wavelength of light, then anything white in the room is going to look peach. Heck, even outside in light provided by our friend Mister Sun, the colors change throughout the year depending on the trajectory of the sunlight through the ozone, and cloud or fog cover. Then there's the humdinger that many cornsnake are not a flat matte color, but instead have several layers of skin, which may be transparent with a hue, translucent, and so forth. There are many colors which are not simply yellow, red, blue, magenta, fuchsia, violet, white. Rather they are blends of colors.

The scaleless corns come to mind as a reference point; consider how the colors of the scaleless corns look compared to a counterpart with scales- if I knew all the names of all the colors in the world- I could articulate this better. The color name 'chartreuse' for instance, a word I'd seen and understood, but never heard it pronounced outloud until I was a teenager... and then later heard-or-learned that what I was calling chartreuse was in fact something else because "it was too brown to be chartreuse" (in context had to do with flowers on a species of Euphorbia).

Who's to say that maybe some of the color names I "learned" at an early age were not the correct name for a specific hue. ViewSonic computer monitors recognize 16.7 million colors. Sorry, the names of each of those individual colors is not in my vocabulary. Yet, somehow, I continue to navigate life's road not knowing all the color names.

Then there's that hum-zinger of cornsnakes going through color changes with age. "What color names is your 2 month old Terrazzo?" (I'll ask you again after the next shed LOL). I guess part of the problem is that many of our pets are more then merely 200 hues of different colors.

And pile on that I can place the subject in some kind of lighting, and move 360 degrees around said subject. taking 36 photos, and some of the photos, if I'm lucky, will be close to true color capture, but many will be discarded.

Imagine if we lived on a planet where the star at the center of our solar system was a different wavelength of color...

Hey Tara80 thanks for your input, but I've seen the snake in person and it looks just as it does in the photo. I'm buying him tomorrow, wasn't planning on adding any more snakes to my collection but I've never seen anything like him.

Hey Tara80 thanks for your input, but I've seen the snake in person and it looks just as it does in the photo. I'm buying him tomorrow, wasn't planning on adding any more snakes to my collection but I've never seen anything like him.

That's cool. Then you can post pics of him in your own thread. It's easy- just go to the proper section, and you will see a blue button in the top left corner that says New Thread. You really shouldn't post your own thing, totally off the subject, in someone else's thread. Would you like me to move it for you?

well I just took the test and I scored... wait for it...

104 O_O
Attached are my test before I submitted and my results..
The third row was really hard for me. after 6 squares from the left, the rest look almost identicle to me.

Attachments

• colorblindtest.JPG
    colorblindtest.JPG
    119.8 KB · Views: 42
  • colorblindresults.JPG
    colorblindresults.JPG
    112.5 KB · Views: 42

I'm interested to see him too, I do believe someone at least turned up the sharpness and contrast a bit! Would love to see it in natural light. I'm also going amel, possible strawberry or rootbeer amel.

That photo has been heavily adjusted, you can tell by the out of balance red on the branch.

Back on topic.

104 O_O
The third row was really hard for me. after 6 squares from the left, the rest look almost identicle to me.

Oh dear. XD 104 is pretty rough.

I'll be hatching some butters this season too. I'll post up pictures. I'm certain between Chip, myself and others we can probably find a butter that you like.

After my severe concussion, I developed some deuteranope color blindness.

104 O_O

That's cool- some in the first row and third row are glaringly out of place, to me. Mine didn't have that whole thing at the bottom. I'll post it when I get home. When I did it, I did a rapid sort of all the one color to the left, all the other color to the right, then do the fine adjustment. If you do it like an eye doctor, which is better, number one, or number two?, back and forth, that lets you discriminate better. When you move it out of place, it's very obvious. (To me, anyway). Then you move it back, and it's all smooth.

Attachments

• color test-1.jpg
    color test-1.jpg
    211.3 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
Hey sorry I'm new to the site and I couldn't figure out how to make my own thread. If you could move it for me that would be great.

I got a 71 on that test, ouch. I seem to have issues of contrast within the range, which makes sense. I often think brown is burgundy and vice-versa! Maybe it has to do with my migraines.

To be back on topic, I often think my anery stripe has some greenish on his sides, even though I know it has to be yellow. In certain lights though, he looks almost olive green with yellow-green on his sides.

Can anyone tell me which morph the picture I've attached is? I've spent hours trying to find something and have found a couple similar things but nothing as pink as this.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

I went back and tried a few things with it, I now suspect it might be photochopped.
NaughtyOddOne.gif

But seriously, I'd really like to see another pic of that snake. And know more about its genetics.

You should be able to. I think there is an option called "split"
Then it let's you check off which posts you want to split into a new thread

I think it was phased out in the newer version of V-bulletin. My options are:

Close Thread
Move Thread
Copy Thread
Edit Thread
Delete Thread
Stick Thread
Merge Threads
Remove Redirects

I might be able to copy it, and then remove posts.

Back