• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Fancy Mice

BSLMichael

Below Sea Level Reptiles
Looking for Black and Tan, Blue and Tan, Chocolate, Red, Lilac, and blue Fancy mice.
Black and tan, Blue and tan, Chocolate, and red to the front of the line!!

I live in Chattanooga TN 37421

For those that are willing to ship, please list price!

If unwilling to ship, is there a place that I can meet you? Please specify.

Thank you!

I have a black/white and a tan/white male. The only pet store that carries them in my area sells males only. Very frustrating not being able to find females.

Jen has some beautiful mice too! Michael, I'd suggest you fly out and meet Jen in Eugene. Just find out if you can take mice back on the plane with you. If you can take dogs, I don't know why they wouldn't let you take some mice!

Hey, I'd even drive down and met you too.

Jen has some pictures of her mice near the end of this thread:

http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=126042&highlight=mice

And more pictures in this thread:

http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=123585&highlight=mice

Pugs

Dale, pick up some live female feeders at a show, doesn't matter what colors, then start breeding your own. Crossing the male back to his daughters would get you some black and whites pretty quick. Also crossing the siblings would get you some and maybe some other colors too, depending on the genetics of the mother mouse.

Michael,
Check out posts # 4 & 5 on this OLD thread. http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46612
It may be entirely illegal now. Used to be they had to be shipped in metal chew-proof containers & shipping Delta Dash (ONLY) started at around $179. Back then it was illegal to ship rodents any other way.

at a Repticon Show in your area sometimes there's a lot of live rodents of many kinds and colors, some of them hairless.
dave

Last edited:
Dave - I wonder how lab mice get sent and delivered. Research facilities buy mice or other rodents with specific traits. I wonder how they get them delivered. Maybe they have plenty of grant money, so the shipping costs don't amount to anything.

Wow thanks guys! Lots of help! Buzz, I'm looking for a small colony. The parents will be pets (Babies... some will, some- you know) Figure if im going to be breeding them Might as well get some pretty ones.

Wow thanks guys! Lots of help! Buzz, I'm looking for a small colony. The parents will be pets (Babies... some will, some- you know) Figure if im going to be breeding them Might as well get some pretty ones.
Exactly! I've got some white mice, which do seem to have large litters, but the rest I'm breeding into them the pretty ones and selecting out the best of them. Too bad you can't get them from Jen, hers are so tame, it is such a pleasure to work with them.

Even if you could punch a bunch of holes in the box, how would you pad them so they didn't get hurt while shipped? And they can't go without water very long. I think Buzzard & Jamie should be able to help you and would be your best bet, they have some nice mice.

Even if you could punch a bunch of holes in the box, how would you pad them so they didn't get hurt while shipped? And they can't go without water very long. I think Buzzard & Jamie should be able to help you and would be your best bet, they have some nice mice.

good point... they arent exactly gentle.

Wish you were closer since I could probably help you out with some very nice looking mice (various colors, marked, satins, foxes, etc.). Also have African Pygmy mice (which are cool, wee, mice). However, it seems you are well on your way to finding some that are close by.:)
The only way for a private owner/breeder to ship mice is via the airlines (i.e. Delta). They cannot be shipped via USPS, UPS, FedEx. It's not cheap. So, it is possible that shipping may be more than you wish to pay.

Good job Michael! What sex? Which ever it is, if you want more, just breed it to any old mouse, then breed the offspring together and breed one of the offspring back to the parent. You should soon start to have more of them. Better if you breed to two different one, then the kids would be 1/2 sibs. A bit more genetic variation in them. Although I don't know that mice suffer from inbreeding depression like some other animals (or plants for that matter) do.

BTW I have found this website helpful for mouse genetics, I don't think it has been updated in a long time so a couple of the links go nowhere, but there is still good info there
LINK

Jen (ghosthousecorns) was just telling me to watch Pet Smart, as around here they only sell males and they aren't cheap, but you can get some interesting colors from them. Breed them to some cheap females and in 2 generations you can have some interesting fancy mice.

Back