• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Amethyst exotics first season!

I know. This is going to be so hard to tell until they're actually out of their eggs. My male is homo hypo, and my female is not homo or het hypo. (But who knows 100% with hets these days)... I was wondering about the "blue" eyebrows.. If they'd just hurry up now, that'd be great! :)

Yay! Mondo-congrats-o! Geeeeez, they sure tortured you in waiting!

I'm really curious what that one partially hatched baby is--I had normals, hypos, and lavenders in my clutch this year, and that baby doesn't look like any of those. One of those pics did look like a lavender, though.

MORE PICS NOW PLEASE

:D

For reference, here are my just hatched, pre-shed babies:

Normal (with cool Aztec pattern :) ):
173327_396225_Large_R8zOXymG1swF1N.jpg

Hypo:
173320_396218_Large_fZf4nik742fRh.jpg

Lavender:
173323_396221_Large_BZPXTL2OuRUA5.jpg

Lavender pippie to the right of a normal pippie:
173328_396226_Large_Cruj1rkWnmtyO5.jpg

Now more pics of yours! I showed you mine! :laugh:

(Oh, and all mine have shed, eaten 4-5 times, and for sale now, though the lavenders are already sold...jusssssst sayin' ;) ... they're posted in the Classifieds forum now.)

Haha I saw the rest for sale. I like that stripe!
Thank you so much for these pictures though. I think the pre shed pics will help a lot!

Baby #1 is out and weighs 6.6 grams!
fb64d3e4fe15710e9085c8e887a831e7.jpg

Here's some more of the clutch right now. I'm almost convinced those 2 lighter ones ARE lavenders.
249a6152e3a062f2f6a534a737088ca4.jpg

df746fb7ed557704e3178119cf8e106d.jpg

300595d39349be60b3bf7ccea88e8aa8.jpg

Really? Didn't know that! I was planning on keeping at least a pair or a trio! I'll have to clearly label those little ones when they do decide to come out. So far, 8 have pipped. I'm no expert on day old in-egg hatchlings but they all look like normals so far.

[emoji58] Murphy..
Definitely be sure to hold back at least one of those twins, if you are interested in doing that.
A friend of mine has proven multiple times that twins produce more twins (he's had several) and triplets produce more triplets (he hasn't had as many, but has had them)

Hopefully they don't all come out overnight and then I can't tell which ones are the twins! I literally just checked them too. Nobody else has come out of their eggs yet.

Hopefully they don't all come out overnight and then I can't tell which ones are the twins! I literally just checked them too. Nobody else has come out of their eggs yet.

In that case, I would move the twin egg to another bin, so you are sure which ones are the twins.

I did try to move that egg last night, but just couldn't get them apart. But thankfully, I just went to check on them and both twins are out and there are more pippies but no more out of their eggs yet!

I believe they are both lavenders. They are very peachy colored! Mom could be a possible redfactor sunkissed so it's possible that she has passed that down..? The only thing I have really noticed about them so far, is that one is shorter than the other! Does this happen with twins? I'll try to get measurements of their lengths tomorrow.

6fecc7d3558bfba1538a365c4bd227f9.jpg

Baby #2 (the short one)

fd095266d00b784c91e738f0e73eef77.jpg

Baby #3

Ahhh... this would make sense. I have been decieved! Baby #3 is not a twin, but that one that's been hanging half way out for a day! Sneaky, #3... sneaky..

94076d61142050d012cc4ceccdd090fa.jpg

It's your turn, little buddy!

baa092db34e9eb46d2026d2185fecde2.jpg

This one flicks it's tongue at me a lot..

3c91b6626f199c669c91d8cf48135914.jpg

Next to the twins.

So, no twins then?

I think you're right on the Lavender, that was my first guess as well. I haven't worked with Lavender before, though, so I could be wrong. LOL

If mom is RF about half of your babies should be RF.

Baby #2 is the twin that's had its head out more. The upside down twin has elected to stay in the egg for now. He's (or she's) actually all the way back inside. "Finally, more room!!" Lol

a229da8d2e1ed3e0940fd29a10c7745e.jpg

Baby #3 in better lighting. (Not the twin)

No caramel on either side. Dad is 50% het amel, and mom is just het lavender. It's kind of like a lighter orange/peach color. I can't wait until they shed. Then I'll take them outside and get natural lighting pictures.

Your lavenders fascinate me--they seem more brown/peach-ish while mine seemed more grey/pink-ish. I'm learning a lot just following!

I realized our clutches have somewhat compatible genetics, too. Danger! Danger! ;)

Back