• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Teaser.........

Funny thing, I've read a thread about them and thought that Golddust is accepted enough to be listed in our lexikon. I listed them as Ultra Caramels and was shure that's the ultra-pendant to Amber.
I recogniced a few weeks ago, that I was wrong - don't know why :shrugs: .

carol said:
Ya and everyone thinks I'm a huge dork for trying to slow down the name game. Serp is going to have to start makeing "reference posters" to go with his yearly books. Heck in a couple more years, posters won't cut it and we will need an annual cornsnake dictionary. I can't keep up!!
Yep, that's the plan! Moohahahahaha!!! :sidestep:

For what it's worth, I think what's going to happen is that ultra caramels and ultramel caramels, along with the other ultra/ultramel combos, will often be lumped together (since it might not be easy to tell between ultras and ultramels) and that GoldDust will end up being used to mean "ultramel caramel (and it might be an ultra instead of ultramel but that will have to wait for breeding trials)" or something of that sort. If that's the case, there won't be very many people complaining that they got a very light ultra instead of an ultramel. :)

As for the pic, the one on the right in the first pic sure looks like what you might expect from a caramel lavender, eh?

(Got a name for those yet, Rich? LOL)

Joejr14 said:
What's an ultra butter? You mean ultramel caramel, aka golddust? An ultra butter is impossible.

Ok I'm kind of confused...why would it be impossible to have an animal that was technically an ultramel (1 amel, 1 ultra) that was also homo carmel? Carmel and ultra can exist in a homozygous state together, and ultra and amel can exist in a "heterozygous" state together. Ultra and amel both share the same locus, but carmel exists in a different locus...I'm under the impression that this is still possible. :shrugs:

Serp...help...explain...

Last edited:
Ultra butter implies Ultra/Ultra/Amel/Amel/Caramel/Caramel. Since Ultra and Amel share the same locus, that's not possible. Ultramel Caramel is possible, since it's Ultra/Amel/Caramel/Caramel.

-Kat

I guess I shouldn't have said ultra "butter" since that implied homo amel and carmel. I always thought that a golddust was just ultra carmel. Is this not right? been a while since I picked up my morph guide book, and other than ultramel, I don't really have that much interest in the other ultra morphs.

just a mistake in words...calm down GBB ;)

I don't think he's upset... just confused.

Here's a clear explaination:

Ultra Butter -- Not possible (amel/amel/ultra/ultra/caramel/caramel)
Ultra Caramel -- Possible (ultra/ultra/caramel/caramel)
Golddust (Ultramel Caramel) -- Exists currently (amel/ultra/caramel/caramel)

-Kat

goldust stripes

some day! anyway I think theres is ultra amel and carmel there but who knows what else :shrugs:

Ok can you reveal what this is yet?

Heck, that was three years ago....... How should I know? My memory isn't what it used to be... I think...

Probably an offshoot of GoldDust with something else mixed in. Probably anerythrism.... :dunce:

that is precisely why you should not show us pictures of a new morph and then not tell us the name, by the time you deem it ok to state its genetics you have forgotten the existence of the snake. :rofl::roflmao:

next time please just tell us the genetics straight away!!:sidestep:

Ahh, no..... It would be a WHOLE lot better for my reputation if I just don't admit the failings old age has inflicted on my brain, and just state I will NEVER tell what these photos are of......... :roflmao:

You know, speaking of the above, sometimes I worry about myself. Been taking videos of the clutches hatching out and in the process taking a shot of the record card. Duh! You have AUDIO, Rich. You can just SAY the info and have it recorded on the tape.......... :headbang:

Back