• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

I am getting a reptile room!!!!!

reptile_addict

When we move I get a huge 15' by 20' for my reptiles. It will have circulated air.

In this room I am going to keep;
Corns
Kings
My new argentine Tegu
rat snakes
rodents
chinchilla
and all this is going to be in a rack besides the teg and chinchilla.

Have you figured out why your snakes were dying yet? I'm sorry to sound rude, but I think you kind of stepped into the reptile keeping with both legs, and got a bit overwhelmed. Instead of making a whole "reptile room", I would try to figure out what husbandry problems I was having to have those snakes die within such a short period. Just my opinion. :shrugs:

i have a animal room my self so congrats. it is alot of fun having alot of space for different cages and animals. one way i heat my animal room is with a space heater that hangs on the wall. i keep it set at about 75 to 80 degrees. that is the temp rang that 90% of my animals like. but be sure that if you have any screen cages that the heat is not blowing directly on them and keep them from any drafts.:)

Not the best of ideas to keep rodents and snakes in the same room, at least I'd never do it.

Circulated air, or central air?

If it's central air, that'd be pretty simple, and you can close off vents. If not, then depending on where you live you might have some troubles.

If you're going to build racks you'd probably want to get some heat tape or something similar.

i would have to agree with JTGoff69. it is alot more work to take care of a whole room full of animals. if you where already having some trouble with you snakes i would hold of on going extream

JTGoff69 said:
Have you figured out why your snakes were dying yet? I'm sorry to sound rude, but I think you kind of stepped into the reptile keeping with both legs, and got a bit overwhelmed. Instead of making a whole "reptile room", I would try to figure out what husbandry problems I was having to have those snakes die within such a short period. Just my opinion. :shrugs:

Oh yes, I did. He died from drowning. I learned from my mistakes. I am getting help with my setups from 2 different pet stores.

Oh, and I forgot. W are starting to build the house this summer. I am getting help from the guy I got the house snake from and he breeds kings, corns, rats, and milks. He is going to help me set up the racks. The room will be mainly 2 big cages for the tegu and I am getting a savannah

wow, sure are jumping right in eh! well hopefully you do your research about the monitor you are getting... make sure you dont get too overwhelmed...

I now have 2 corns, 1 king, 2 african house snakes, an argentine tegu, and 2 albino leos. My dad says I can get 1 more animal before we move and I am going to chose a pacman frog.

you just get reptiles because you are allowed??? does your parents help you look after them, usually people with that many reptiles have alot more experience than people who get things because their parents buy them everything, sorry i know this is frank and almost mean, i geuss ive just seen alot of animals suffer over the years and i take it almost personally even know this is absolutley none of my business... maybe you should use some of the money and make the animals you have now better cages or upgrade their setup...

Out of the pan and into the fire

reptile_addict said:
Oh yes, I did. He died from drowning. I learned from my mistakes.

I'm willing to bet a room full of snakes that drowning had absolutely nothing to do with the death of that animal. I'm also willing to bet that he won't be the last one. :rolleyes:

reptile addict said:
I now have 2 corns, 1 king, 2 african house snakes

I thought one of the house snakes became food for a corn. Did Jonah reemerge from the belly of the whale??

Best of luck with the project.

You are getting a reptile room... You just "lost" snakes... from drowning?

Drowning. As in, in the water bowl? I'm not sure you could put a snake in an aquarium half full of water and drown it.

CAV said:
I'm willing to bet a room full of snakes that drowning had absolutely nothing to do with the death of that animal. I'm also willing to bet that he won't be the last one. :rolleyes:

I thought one of the house snakes became food for a corn. Did Jonah reemerge from the belly of the whale??

Best of luck with the project.

I bought another one. I have been keeping reptiles since I was 7 which started with frogs, toads, and newts but mover to snakes.

well the snake was in a tupperware thing and the hole was in the center so he didn't find the hole to get out once he was in. Now I use no lids with holes for water.

If drowning was the cause of death, that must've been one weak (sick) snake to not be able to lift his head above the water... or DID you put him in a fish tank? :rolleyes:

Back