• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

ShipYourReptiles - temp snake shipping halt

I label mine with they yellow Perishable stickers from fed ex and that is all. If they want to think it is chocolate for my grandma that is their choice.

I was curious as to what people are doing that aren't FedEx certified right now during this halt and what will happen if FedEx follows suit? Then that will mean no shipping of snakes? I wouldn't be surprised if it all stems from the proposed law change...lol..one helps out the other...just a thought

I was curious as to what people are doing that aren't FedEx certified right now during this halt and what will happen if FedEx follows suit? Then that will mean no shipping of snakes? I wouldn't be surprised if it all stems from the proposed law change...lol..one helps out the other...just a thought
FedEx has no reason to follow suit.

There is now "law" that doesn't allow shipping of snakes. There is only individual private company policies that prohibit shipping of snakes. Not even sure that the USPS policy of not shipping snakes would be considered "law". :shrugs:

D80

I haven't shipped yet...but when I got my snakes they usually had a "live harmless reptile" sticker, or something like that, on the box...with the scientific species name listed. I remember this because when I went to pick up the package at the fedex/kinkos office the workers told me they named my animal for me..."Harry the Harmless" :laugh:

I have only shipped a few times, and don't have stickers but write in marker "Live Harmless Reptiles" and "Pantherophis guttata" on the top of the box, as well as "Handle with Care", "Fragile" and "Avoid temperture extremes".

A little off topic but Beth, when I priced labels for me to print, I almost died! So I bought a pack of lime green paper and printed the "labels" on that, and I just cut them up and tape them on. They work just as well! Seriously, a small package of labels was over $25...AND they didn't even have the color I wanted.

I would love to have fed-ex certification. The first snake I ever shipped was 5 days late and frozen solid when it arrived! That was from SYR. And boy did the lady who tried to tell me it was not UPS's fault and that i was at fault got a mouthful!

A little off topic but Beth, when I priced labels for me to print, I almost died! So I bought a pack of lime green paper and printed the "labels" on that, and I just cut them up and tape them on. They work just as well! Seriously, a small package of labels was over $25...AND they didn't even have the color I wanted.

Thank you Nanci! I have only sent out a few animals, breedings loans and such. But this year I think I will be shipping alot more. I like your tip (and can't believe I didn't think of it!)

Beth, I think I have the stickers page saved as a Word doc, so it prints six on one page. If you drop me an e-mail, I can send it to you. Or, I probably have your e-mail somewhere...Then you can edit it to say whatever you want. And it will be the right size to print labels on if you ever get rich!!

I know, old thread...You can spank me for bringing it up to the top. :crazy02:

Yes, I thought it was Steph, but was not certain.
And I would have died of heart failure too, or burst a blood vessel, or ended up in jail....it would not have ended well....

Frankly, the situation with the ball pythons didn't end well as half of them died from the ordeal. Quite the horrible thing I had to tell my friend when she came out of bootcamp. :angry01:

Robin's behavior in this thread has caused me to never be a SYR customer even if UPS reinstates their shipping exemption (again, if it ever existed in the first place). :nope:

Speaking of the top secret exemption...Them being legally bound to not show their exemption is a pile of crap. Their is another company that is setting up third party shipping with UPS and I've seen the exemption! This company has been actively doing test shipping with select individuals for over 6 months (instead of throwing everyone to the wolves like SYR did), they will have legit contracts for each shipper (you get caught shipping inappropriately you're banned from the program) and a copy of the waiver will be provided to include with your shipments! Their are some other really neat things they're planning that I'd love to spill the beans on, but it's not my place. :) I've seen the interface design and I'm pretty darn impressed. I can't wait until I can test it out for myself!

Speaking of the top secret exemption...Them being legally bound to not show their exemption is a pile of crap. Their is another company that is setting up third party shipping with UPS and I've seen the exemption! This company has been actively doing test shipping with select individuals for over 6 months (instead of throwing everyone to the wolves like SYR did), they will have legit contracts for each shipper (you get caught shipping inappropriately you're banned from the program) and a copy of the waiver will be provided to include with your shipments! Their are some other really neat things they're planning that I'd love to spill the beans on, but it's not my place. :) I've seen the interface design and I'm pretty darn impressed. I can't wait until I can test it out for myself!

Oooh! Now I'm excited. I hope this new company comes to light soon. FedEx shipping is pretty inconvenient for me as the nearest staffed location is a 2 hour drive in any direction. Whereas the UPS staffed location is 30 minutes from where I live and I actually commute into that town quite frequently (I live in a little podunk town).

It'd be super nice for something better than SYR to come along. I never personally had issue with SYR, but I've heard some bad stories. :(

Back