• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Wanted: Hypo Opal Stripe Male (hets ok)

16 yrs of knoledge-its chronological

At least my 16 years has taught me about the strange thing called a spell checker... :D lol

I also don't see where experience comes into it? as I was merely observing that no one was planning on using a runt for breeding...

Sorry Torsten-didn't mean to offend-but at 16 you can only have 16 yrs of knoledge-its chronological

Well, I'm pretty sure he's got more snake experience than my 25 years ;)

And I venture to say he's more mature than you, given that you resort to putting him down for his age without even knowing him or his experience with keeping reptiles.

Have fun at kingsnake.

My mother is approaching 50...I can guarantee you she knows little to zilch about snake keeping...so obviously knowledge is not necessarily related only to chronology, but rather to experience both hands on and research/reading.

To Mike: I hope you find what you are looking for.

TOO MUCH TIME ON YOUR HANDS-GO CLEAN YOUR CAGES

Well, I'm pretty sure he's got more snake experience than my 25 years ;)

And I venture to say he's more mature than you, given that you resort to putting him down for his age without even knowing him or his experience with keeping reptiles.

Have fun at kingsnake.

My mother is approaching 50...I can guarantee you she knows little to zilch about snake keeping...so obviously knowledge is not necessarily related only to chronology, but rather to experience both hands on and research/reading.

To Mike: I hope you find what you are looking for.

AGAIN-NOT A PUT DOWN - JUST FACTS- YOU CANNOT HAVE MORE EXPERIENCE THAN AGE!!!!!! AND STOP TALKING BAD ABOUT YOUR MOM!

YOU CANNOT HAVE MORE EXPERIENCE THAN AGE!!!!!! !

I agree, that's obvious. But all Torsten typed was

"Sorry to point out :)P) that using a runt male for breeding wasn't actually mentioned

The mention of the runt was that the breeder had the genetics to make it so he might have adults or other hatchlings for sale with those genes"

and you went into a tizzy about him being only 16. I'm not sure what only being 16 had to do with what he stated.

On Topic: Mike I have a opal butter motely stripe male who will be ready next year if you want to borrow him. He looks striped but in fact is a motly stripe and I couldn't tell you if he's het stripe honestly either, but if worse comes to worse I wouldn't mine loaning him to you:)

On Topic: Mike I have a opal butter motely stripe male who will be ready next year if you want to borrow him. He looks striped but in fact is a motly stripe and I couldn't tell you if he's het stripe honestly either, but if worse comes to worse I wouldn't mine loaning him to you:)

Danielle, thanks for the offer, I will keep it in mind. Right now though I am really trying to find a male that is homozygous for hypo, that is the only way I can with out a doubt produce hybinos (and thus hypo opal stripes). I do not want to leave any questions.

produce hybinos

Just out of curiosity,why would you want that? I know with boa genetics hybinos would be called sunglow because hypo does affect the looks of them.With all the breedings I have done, I dont think you could tell if a Amel corn is Hypo or not. I think theres alot of confusion about Hypo Snow Corns and whats causing some to have the high color look, but I dont think it is Hypo.

Just out of curiosity,why would you want that? I know with boa genetics hybinos would be called sunglow because hypo does affect the looks of them.With all the breedings I have done, I dont think you could tell if a Amel corn is Hypo or not. I think theres alot of confusion about Hypo Snow Corns and whats causing some to have the high color look, but I dont think it is Hypo.

You cannot tell the difference, but if you had your choice between an opal stripe and a known hypo opal stripe male, which would you choose? Which could you breed to more females and get more and better offspring? The only way to knowingly produce what I want is with a male that is homozygous for hypo.

I have an 08 lavender 66% hypo,amel,anery,stripe that I got from Alain last year. You can contact me at 1-219-616-0950 Matthew

Back