• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Wanted: Hypo Opal Stripe Male (hets ok)

mike17l

Self-Admitted Duckoholic
Doesn't it piss you off when you loose an animal for no apparent reason? Last night I was feeding and found an apparently healthy hypo het amel, lav, stripe dead. Talk about bummed out. I have a female hypo het amel, lav, stripe, and a female stripe het amel hypo lav with no male. I am looking for a male to service these two ladies next year, preferably an 07 or older animal (but may consider an 08). I would prefer the male at the very least be homo for hypo. If he is not het/homo for all for genes I mentioned, then I am not interested. I am willing to pay what the animal is worth for the right one, but also have some 09s to trade if you are interested in any.

Thanks

Last edited:
I have an 09 hypo opal stripe male eating fuzzies w/a hypo lavender stripe female 66% chance het for amel eating fuzzies both 5 moths old for $800 + ship-thanks,kevin

I have an 09 hypo opal stripe male eating fuzzies w/a hypo lavender stripe female 66% chance het for amel eating fuzzies both 5 moths old for $800 + ship-thanks,kevin

How much for just the male? and what where the parents? I would need to see pics of the parents as well.

$600 for the male by himself - these are quite rare as i'm sure you know-i know of no others being offered for sale-i would be keeping these if not for personal heath issues-the parents are 07 hypo corns het lav,amel,& stripe produced by Lee Abbott-Thanks,Kevin

The closest match i found to what you want (subadult) at serpentco-Normal Corn het Hypo Lavender & Amelanistic Stripe (03.01) #17193 $100 for males-good luck-kevin

That's really sad, Mike. Maybe try Walter? I thought he had a runt hypo opal stripe for sale, so he must have the ingredients!!

That's a bummer Mike, and I know how it feels. Now I always keep at least two males from my project clutches because you never know. Wish I could help you out, but I didn't include Hypo in my Opal Stripe project... not Hypo A anyway...

That's a bummer Mike, and I know how it feels. Now I always keep at least two males from my project clutches because you never know. Wish I could help you out, but I didn't include Hypo in my Opal Stripe project... not Hypo A anyway...

I actually got them from someone else, or I would have kept another male. Oh well, it happens, you move on. If I cannot find a male, I will probably just sale the females for what they are visually.

I actually got them from someone else, or I would have kept another male. Oh well, it happens, you move on. If I cannot find a male, I will probably just sale the females for what they are visually.

Well if all else fails, I have an extra Normal adult male het Opal Stripe for pretty cheap...

BREEDING WITH A RUNT

That's really sad, Mike. Maybe try Walter? I thought he had a runt hypo opal stripe for sale, so he must have the ingredients!!

Sorry to point this out,but if you try to breed TWO females (let alone one) with a runt male you will at the best produce weak, genetically inferior babies-more than likely you have infertile eggs,wasting an entire breeding cycle.The whole point of c/b is to make BETTER animals-natural selection culls the weak from the gene pool and strenthens the species.Use the best animals possible,and you'll be happier(and the buyers of the babies) in the long run.

Sorry to point this out,but if you try to breed TWO females (let alone one) with a runt male you will at the best produce weak, genetically inferior babies-more than likely you have infertile eggs,wasting an entire breeding cycle.The whole point of c/b is to make BETTER animals-natural selection culls the weak from the gene pool and strenthens the species.Use the best animals possible,and you'll be happier(and the buyers of the babies) in the long run.

Sorry to point out :)P) that using a runt male for breeding wasn't actually mentioned ;)

The mention of the runt was that the breeder had the genetics to make it so he might have adults or other hatchlings for sale with those genes ;)

Aren't you a little old to act like a troll?:( Not all runts remain runty- some just grow slow and catch up, nor did Nanci suggest the runt, but that Walter may have the ingredients. Torsten a very intelligent and mature teenager points this out and instead of shutting up your rude again.

Noboby like trollish behavior maybe you need a hobby to expend all that angry energy in. Sorry to hyjack your thread Mike:)

Snakes lay small eggs all the time. When the eggs hatch, the resulting snakes are small. I have a "runt" male that I definitely plan on breeding. He was, BTW, the first in his clutch to eat! He's caught up now- he just started out at half the size! No big deal.

But anyway, the above-mentioned male has been sold and all I meant was that if Walter produced a hypo opal stripe, he must have stock that it came from.

NAME CALLING

Danielle-you obviously did not understand the point i was making-PROFESSIONAL breeders do not use substandard animals to produce offspring-therefore putting out only the healthiest animals for others to purchase-you DO want the healthiest possible animals available,don't you? I (we) have a obligation to those who buy animals to insure they get the best i can make-breeding is a serious responsibility to animals and people who buy them - peace

PUT DOWN?

Sorry Torsten-didn't mean to offend-but at 16 you can only have 16 yrs of knoledge-its chronological

Back