• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Hemi...

OMG, SERP!!! *covers all the kids eyes*

:laugh: That is so in your face!!! :laugh:

BAM! There it is!

It's in the breeding forum...
It's labled as what it is in the title...
It's an educational pic for those that have never seen a hemipene and wonder what they look like.

I don't get the problem. :shrugs:

Connie,

I don't have a problem with it at all, but..............

When Kristin asks me what it is, I'll give her your phone number and you can explain it to her.

Deal?(ROFL)

Todd

Well I think it is a very educational photo! The first time I saw one of my snakes hemi's, I kind of freaked out. I didn't know if it was normal or not.

This way...everyone knows what to expect when/if they are ever "flashed" by one of their male corns!

LMAO. i just found this funny, its a great shot though, i have seen my male before although i didnt really wnat to get a shot of it. not something i really wanna be keeping in my mind.
:D

Hey, it's birds and bees, facts of life, I don't see anything gross or lude or "dirty" in that. I grew up on a farm. I learned the process earlier than I can remember, it is just a part of life. Shoot, I was raising hamsters and learning about their mating habits and genetics first hand when I was 8...and yes, before this turns into that other thread, I did care for them all myself and planned the matings and found homes for the young (usually to pet stores) and read the manuals. If I wanted them as pets, I had to take care of them and learn about them. I had a whole 3 tier shelf system of hamsters, my mother was a very tolerant sort. Biology has always been fascinating to me and I thank her for letting me learn about it. :D

Side note, I find the two grooves visible along the bottom interesting. They serve as troughs for the semen to be directed towards the oviducts.

Itch -

Not a problem. I'll tell her all about how it works. ...I've even got pictures. ;) :sidestep:

Connie,

She's seen it in "real time".

I see nothing wrong with it. This site is supposed to be an open exchange of info. Most of us have probably never had this good a look before. It is interesting, and informative. You are a great source of lots of good information, keep it coming!!!

Good picture. Thanks for sharing. I have seen my hatchlings and Yearlings hemi's before, but haven't seen my adult's yet. Hoping to see one this year.

Hurley said:
It's in the breeding forum...
It's labled as what it is in the title...
It's an educational pic for those that have never seen a hemipene and wonder what they look like.

I don't get the problem. :shrugs:

Not to be rude, but that was a bit condescending. You wouldn't get the problem (not that there IS a problem) as you're very used to seeing this sort of thing on (probably) a weekly basis.

It's a GREAT photo! There's no "problem"... Just that most of us have never seen what a hemi...? looks like unless MAYBE from popping a hatchling (and I'm sure it doesn't look like THAT). Not only that, it's VERY well photographed. Catches most of us offguard, I'm sure. My initial reaction was total shock. Like a train wreck. I couldn't NOT look. Some people might react the same way if they were walking by a stable and saw an "excited" horse.

Most of us non breeder folk, just didn't expect that I guess (I know I didn't expect something that big to come out of something that small) and so we reacted (shock is to be expected at such an in your face photo). I do think that's a FANTASTIC picture though... definitely one for the CSM. Kathy should DEFINITELY put that in the new edition.

VERY good job job with the photography skill, Shep. Well done. *thumbs up*

Not to be rude, but filling the thread with "oh gross" and swooning over an educational picture just made me feel like we could all use a reality check. You see worse on public TV.

Like I said, this IS the breeding forum. Pictures of breeding snakes show up here all the time, as do shots of spilled semen, egg laying, and other acts involved in the business of procreation. If you can't handle these acts or are too young to witness information on it, then perhaps this forum isn't for you.

I'm not trying to be snotty or condescending here, just trying to interjet a small amount of reason and reality. It would be nice to have posts with questions, observations, and answers rather than some of the stuff we've been seeing in the past several weeks.

Watch your eyes, now, another graphic picture coming up...

...don't scroll if you don't want to see it

...it's a gif of egg laying

Egg laying gif:
Egg.gif

While it is kinda disgusting to look at, it is a very good picture. I've seen the male anatomy of several animal species, but this one take the cake.

Hurley said:
Not to be rude, but filling the thread with "oh gross" and swooning over an educational picture just made me feel like we could all use a reality check. You see worse on public TV.

Like I said, this IS the breeding forum. Pictures of breeding snakes show up here all the time, as do shots of spilled semen, egg laying, and other acts involved in the business of procreation. If you can't handle these acts or are too young to witness information on it, then perhaps this forum isn't for you.

I'm not trying to be snotty or condescending here, just trying to interjet a small amount of reason and reality. It would be nice to have posts with questions, observations, and answers rather than some of the stuff we've been seeing in the past several weeks.

I agree with you hurley. All I meant was that most of our reactions were of out of shock, and that's to be expected when a pic like that is posted. Especially in a place where teenagers frequent... of COURSE you're going to get the "oh gross" comments. I know you didn't mean to come off that way, and I wasn't trying to be rude in my reply. I mean after all is it rated XXX in the world of snake reproductive organs. And might I add very purple in color. (shocked me!) lol

VERY cool egg laying pic, btw. :)

Edited to add quote.

Back