• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

The Egg Watch Continues . . .

I love your pics! So adorable.

Best wishes and be sure to have Nanci's feeding tips handy just in case!

Glad you like my random snapshots! :p

And I'm keeping Nanci's tips at my fingertips, though the one preemptive tip I'm using is from a breeder who recently posted the suggestion (the name is currently slipping my mind just like a pair of undies sliding off of a skinny dipper, so pardon the lack of it being inserted here!). The tipster says that one good way to prevent feeding problems and to ensure maximum potential of a good feeding response in new hatchlings is to wait one week after their first shed. Since only the 5th of 16 snows (minus 1 stripe, of course!) has recently shed, I'm going to have to wait a few more days, which is kinda hard for me and especially since my order of 100 pinkies has finally arrived from Mack's!!!

Oh well, as the old saying goes, "A watched pot never berls," Brooklyn accent included, of course. :crazy01:

Good thing the little sneaky critters can't see this!!!
M

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    114.6 KB · Views: 16
Whew! The mice finally arrived. Just give it a few more days. My fingers are crossed for enthusiastic feeders!

Doesn't actually look like 100 pinkies there, does it? But you KNOW I counted them, right? For some reason, one of my kittens was FREAKIN' when I was counting the little frozen snacks. Amazing senses these animals have, ya know?

Don't know if I'd offer my kitty that kind of snack DLena but I have NO DOUBT either one of my little furballs would tear up any I offered!! They are a couple of voracious little pussies!!

BTW, Dollysmom, I did do a little figuring and 100 pinkies should last me around about 1 month or so. Will have to plan the next order in about 3 weeks, give or take. In any case, thanx for compelling me to do some planning in advance, for a change!!

No, don't really feed the pinkies to the cats! I was kidding.

I KNOW that some folks need practical advice DLena. But I can assure you I wouldn't feed rodents, whether pinkies or in any other form - I also have a couple of 80 gram rats in the freezer for Bozo! - to my little purring furballs. Wow! I'm now convinced that some members here just MUST think I'm nuts! And I'll admit that I AM a little crazy (can't be TOTALLY sane after having been formally diagnosed with at least 8 or 9 axis I disorders according to the DSMIV - Diagnostic & Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, 4th Edition - hence the name "Axis1," get it?). However, I should remind you that being CRAZY is NOT the same as being STUPID! A long time ago a schizoprhenic client of mine clarified it for me, when he said, "Being schizo just means that some of your wires are crossed. Being stupid, simple, or slow means that you are MISSING a whole lotta them! What would you rather be? Someone with crossed wires or someone with no wires at all?"

Since that explanation, way back in '92, which is exactly the year I started my formal education into abnormal psychology & human services, having attained my bachelor's and master's just five and a half years later while working full-time as a counselor for the severely and persistently mentally ill, I have always been able to reconcile this difference in people, which also helps put it in perspective for me.

So, YES! I AM crazy enough to be photographing a bag of frozen day-old pinkies at 1am in the morning and posting it to this wonderful forum, but am thankfully not stupid, simple, or slow enough to feed any of 'em to my cats.

Just sayin'. :crazy02:

(Keep coming Back!! It WORKS if you WORK it!!) :p

I wonder what would happen if you thawed a few, stuck toothpicks in them, and offered them to guests... Or shellacked them into a nice mice necklace??? Lol or, did you ever make those macaroni-covered projects in elementary school , like dish detergent bud vases or picture frames? But with day-old pinkies? You could sell this stuff at reptile shows. I have an extremely snake-negative friend who may end up demoted to "good acquaintance" that I'd buy one for...:nyah: (evil laugh)

BTW, Dollysmom, I did do a little figuring and 100 pinkies should last me around about 1 month or so. Will have to plan the next order in about 3 weeks, give or take. In any case, thanx for compelling me to do some planning in advance, for a change!!

Actually, I was tongue in cheek with that; but with 16 little mouths to feed, 100 go fast! No stale mice in the Axis house for sure!

Actually, I was tongue in cheek with that; but with 16 little mouths to feed, 100 go fast! No stale mice in the Axis house for sure!

Got me there Dollysmom! My eyes were like two pissholes in the snow when I read that!!

It's all good. I figure I'm running on AutoPilot right about now!! :crazy02:

Got me there Dollysmom! My eyes were like two pissholes in the snow when I read that!!

It's all good. I figure I'm running on AutoPilot right about now!! :crazy02:

That's okay Axis. I missed a full paragraph on another thread this morning and asked a bunch of redundant questions. :crazy02:

Talk about eyes like pissholes in the snow!

Back