• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Mystery Line Corns with Lava in the Mix?

The Ultra Mystery Thread is very unique. It brought Corn Snake enthusiast from around the country together to solve a mystery. Kat saw what others saw for quite a few years, but because she was interested in learning more about genetics. She saw something that she knew wasn’t right in her clutch. I think I ended up obtaining the Ultramel in her clutch that was het for Lavender and made Ultramel Lavenders out of them in two years. He was a Redcoat too!

I have read the Ultra Mystery Thread in the past many times, but when I do a search by “number of hits”, or "number of views”, to find it today, and I see that I made the last post, I personally get pissed off all over again. I feel this way for a few seconds or minutes and then I get completely over it.

Not only does this thread solve the Ultra Mystery, but it presents more evidence of hybridization than any other that I know of, other than Creamcicles. Both sides took different political positions, and today, hybrid Ultra Line Corns are bred into absolutely every morph, so be it. I have seen wholesalers dump 100’s of Amels and Creamcicles in the same tub and sell them as Amels, or Creamcicles depending on what the customer wanted. Creamcicles too, have been bred into every morph as well.

.[/SIZE]

This thread is getting better by the day, although Ive never worked with starwberry I do at least fully belive and agree that hybrids although whatever people want to argue has expanded the gentics of corns to the point where I dont belive anyone with a morph can say its 100% corn and its caused huge debates over something that netiher party has gone above and beyond of actual testing to prove who is right and wrong on an animal that appears to be a corn. It is what it is and its giving us more then it not as it as the dna may not 100% match up but if u breed through enough its more of a corn then not. I remember going to daytona in 09 and was looking at a table ( will not name) I was looking for cinders and asked if she had any as she giving me a werid look and chuckled to herself thier hybrids.Not to get in a debate as rich is an awsome person and the cinder gene is even cooler I just thought that her comment was a bit silly. As for strawberry I belive wherever it started from was mis labled for so long and causes the madness of trying to figure out where it is in a morph. just 2 cents off the top of my head

This thread is getting better by the day
I will try to keep it interesting, but I do take family breaks for a couple of days.

just 2 cents off the top of my head
I will take your 2 cents over BS every day.

Take a look at these photos. Are they Hypos or Normals? Do they look like any of your Mystery Line Corns?

Attachments

• DSC_0033rs.JPG
    DSC_0033rs.JPG
    96.7 KB · Views: 47
  • DSC_0035rs.JPG
    DSC_0035rs.JPG
    85.6 KB · Views: 47
I will try to keep it interesting, but I do take family breaks for a couple of days.

I will take your 2 cents over BS every day.

Take a look at these photos. Are they Hypos or Normals? Do they look like any of your Mystery Line Corns?

Oh sure! Give us photos of snakes with greatly reduced saddle bands and then ask if they are normals or hypos! Let me see a nice accurate close-up photo of the belly checks and eyes and I'll give you my opinion. I've had several reduced saddle band corns that I knew were normals but could pass for hypo that I wouldn't attempt to make anything but a guess without breeding trials!

Joe, without pictures of the belly, I would not really know. I still do not know too much about the different looks, being a newb to the corn snake world, But, from the looks of them, in those pictures, they seem to be normals with extremely reduced saddle bands.

Oh sure! Give us photos of snakes with greatly reduced saddle bands and then ask if they are normals or hypos! Let me see a nice accurate close-up photo of the belly checks and eyes and I'll give you my opinion. I've had several reduced saddle band corns that I knew were normals but could pass for hypo that I wouldn't attempt to make anything but a guess without breeding trials!

Mysteries are only mysteries, if I don’t give you the answers. I will give you hints to things you have already seen. Lets try this, check out these links:

Bloods:http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27294
Go to post #3, and #45. Is he a Lavender or Hypo Lavender? How many Redcoats do you see in this thread?

The thread turns into a Frase Blood investigation, but check out #3 and #45.

Got Pink!? http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29993
Check out #27 One of my Corals, which relates to this thread. How many possible Homo Strawberries do you see in this thread.

and #52. Is #52 a Lavender or Hypo Lavender.

The photos of the Borderless Corns and all others I have referenced to, I do not own any more, so these photos are all you get. You can read info I gave then, to see if it may related to this Mystery?

Not only does this thread solve the Ultra Mystery, but it presents more evidence of hybridization than any other that I know of, other than Creamcicles.

I bought into VMS' "Tequila Sunrise" project in 2004...Ultra's and Ultramels were really starting to be discussed, and I thought with Seans results he was disclosing I'd take a chance, and maybe the F1 snow I purchased was really an Ultramel Anery...It isn't...bred to one of it's Anery A' sisters she's thrown ghosts, snows and anery A's...All very frosted, and slightly to very reminiscent of Frosted (gray X corn) corns in Don S. photo gallery...Chuck Pritzel was given an Ultra Anery Motley from this line that he proved out as such; the Ultra can ONLY be from the mother, the very frosted original "Tequila Sunrise" that I'd bet was an ultramel anery A by tracking her breeding results...I was able to track the breeding results via the ACR, and see subsequent breedings done with this snake that proved it out...I was always under the suspicion of the TS females background, because a) the frosting b) no other well known breeder was touting them; felt they knew something or saw something that was just whispered about ;) and c) Ultra was found in this line, coupled with the "accepted" story(s) surrounding the origins of the Ultra...looks like a duck, walks like a duck, quacks...you get my point...100% sure either way?...Who can be sure in regards to almost any morph, unless you get it right from the horses mouth...and the horse isn't bullsh!ttin' you

In regards to "Strawberry" and pink snakes...I was lucky enough to find someone else working with the TS line (John of Colorado Corns) and he asked if I'd be interested in working with some of his resulting "TS Pinks", a mix of line bred anery A's, ghosts and ultramel anery a's that are...well...pink

01312011ghosts001.jpg

I'll get better pics come Spring :*)

Back