• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Chat room - listen up, please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Face it, gang....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

....we've been pwnd.

You can argue until you're blue in the face about the room "topic" - which, let's face it, is as fluid and changing as any other chatroom - but Rich's point regarding the civility, or lack thereof, is valid.

The Fauna (non "_CS") chatters have the right to bring up boas in a corn room as much as we have the right to talk about food, Monty Python and Mel Brooks movie quotes, cats, dogs, sports, and sex, drugs, and rock 'n' roll. We can respond, run away to a self-created room, not respond, or outright ignore.

IMO, the dynamic from chat dovetails pretty well with Dean's "controversial" thread about responding to newbies. If the "interloper" is sincere, has a decent command of the language, and is civil, they'll have a greater chance of getting a response to their inquiry. If they're asking in chatspeak or leetspeak, asking a question so basic that can easily be researched themselves, or generally are bringing attitude and/or baggage, they'll be responded to in kind.

As one who is sometimes guilty of it himself, I think we're starting to develop a Hatfield/McCoy mentality of "_CS" and Fauna chatters. We could lose that, and still make it enjoyable for all parties.

regards,
jazz

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to jazzgeek again.

Regards.. Tim of T and J

Not to throw stones at glass house.. *ducks* Reading Dale Carnigies " How to win friends and Influence People " might help.. :sidestep: :sidestep:

Regards.. Tim of T and J * running like crazy*

TandJ said:
Not to throw stones at glass house.. *ducks* Reading Dale Carnigies " How to win friends and Influence People " might help.. :sidestep: :sidestep:
I'm not so sure, Tim. Haven't we all read enough admonitions by people named Dale? :sidestep:
:sidestep:

regards,
jazz

Now, I'll be honest. I read the first few posts for this and couldn't be bothered to read the rest.

But I don't go to chat much anymore. I don't feel welcome there anymore. Because I like going into chat to talk about anything, I've made friends being on CS, and it's nice to chat to them on there. But it's like they are 'CORNSNAKE FRIENDS', therefore all I'm allowed to talk about with them is corns. The other night I was very put off, and soon left, by people saying they should leave if they talk about anything other than corns. Now they weren't talking to me directly, but someone else. But I didn't want to talk about them all the time either, I felt ever so welcome... So I left.
Thanks a lot guys..

marty.warwick said:
Now, I'll be honest. I read the first few posts for this and couldn't be bothered to read the rest.

But I don't go to chat much anymore. I don't feel welcome there anymore. Because I like going into chat to talk about anything, I've made friends being on CS, and it's nice to chat to them on there. But it's like they are 'CORNSNAKE FRIENDS', therefore all I'm allowed to talk about with them is corns. The other night I was very put off, and soon left, by people saying they should leave if they talk about anything other than corns. Now they weren't talking to me directly, but someone else. But I didn't want to talk about them all the time either, I felt ever so welcome... So I left.
Thanks a lot guys..
Marty, this is such a shame you feel that way, I don't go there very often but I always feel welcome.

Admittedly, sometimes I have problems following the non-corn conversations (sometimes also the corn conversations too... hehe) but 90% of the time it is fun and not only corn related, we have a right old laugh about everything and nothing but get back to serious behaviour if there is a genuine corn related question by someone entering the room.
Come on, come back!

Typically, here I am..."a day late and a dollar short". I was going to add my thoughts and opinions on this, but I've decided instead on this:

First off...vBulletin Message
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Drizzt80 again.

And second...vBulletin Message
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to jazzgeek again.

And last, but most importantly...I'm sorry Rich. The ignore button will be used by me more often.

So has the chat room been abandoned now? If it is no longer wanted (meaning being used) here, I do have another site (and server) I may move it to.

Rich Z said:
So has the chat room been abandoned now? If it is no longer wanted (meaning being used) here, I do have another site (and server) I may move it to.
:confused:

But I thought it was was just established in another thread that Fauna folks weren't very interested in coversating.

So we move the Fauna discussion boards to Cornsnakes.com and then move Chat to Fauna? :shrugs:

Rich Z said:
I see it used some.

I, personally, have been too busy to go there lately. We are short-handed at work and I've been working a BUNCH of hours. I would hate to see it taken away, though.

Rich Z said:
Not that I'm aware of. I was on just a couple of nights ago having a nice talk with some newbies and then Joe. Like Terri, I've not had the chance to get on much lately...been falling asleep waiting for hubby to get off the computer.

I'm just too busy right now. I'm hardly online at all the last several weeks~ and just too busy to spend what little time I get in chat. That will change though~ This happens every year~ I have very busy times and I can hardly get online followed by weeks where I have nothing better to do than cruise the boards online! Please leave chat up~ I really do enjoy it when I have the time.

I was kind of wondering if the 'regulars' that used to be always there had gone elsewhere myself. There is hardly ever anybody in there anymore...I've been kind of busy too but when I do have time I see there's like 1 or no people there :shrugs:

shed'n my skin said:
I was kind of wondering if the 'regulars' that used to be always there had gone elsewhere myself. There is hardly ever anybody in there anymore...:

:devil01:

some of us have simply opted to chat elsewhere. But for the huge bunch of other people that use the chat, they still chat there. I see them, sometimes, but is the number function broke? Surely there is no reason for only one person to be in there just talking to themselves... Anyhow, Rich, if you think it would be better used elsewhere, well then by all means! BUT! As stated by other folks, they use it, and many have been busy. So kind of sad to see what used to be a hopping place on Sunday nights go away. Cause surely all the new people that come into this place will find it useful. :crazy02:

So really, my vote would be keep it! :grin01:

I use it most nights... even if its just me sitting in there myself :sobstory:

But one person is a room is more of an insentive to go in rather than an empty room :shrugs:

Agreed, if I see a number up there, even if it is 1, i'll pop in and have a chat with them...just half an hour ago there were 7 people in there. I'd say it's still active ;)

I would hate to see it gone even though I haven't been for a little while to do currently hectic life.

Roy Munson said:
I don't go in there anymore. This thread killed it for me. I don't think I'm alone.

I have to agree... and you know it had the same effect on the trolls...

Theres no happy medium eh.

Most nights im stuck in there with Joe :sidestep:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back