• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

BUF gene

Okay...I'm getting tired of the Joe P. is good, Joe P. is bad stuff in this thread.

This thread is about "buf" and needs to remain so. Any further postings about Joe P. and his dealings in this thread will be met with infractions. And that includes you, Joe P, do not reply either unless you are talking about "buf"

The BOI is set up for this purpose. If all of you that have a problem want to keep that thread going every couple hours so people can be reminded of the situation...go for it. There is a link to the BOI in the Cornsnakes For Sale section. If people here do not know about the BOI or Joe P. and his past, I cannot do a thing about it. What I can do as a moderator of this site, however, is keep this thread on topic. It is about the "buf" gene and it is going to stay that way.

says the guy who is selling unconfirmed snakes for a thousand dollars...

No, they are definitely snakes. Many people have confirmed that they are real honest and true snakes. What do you think they were? Glass lizards with the eyelids cut off with fingernail clippers?

Hey, what's the deal with you only having 2 posts: this one and the one where you bashed the site owner? Hmmmm, lots of credibility there, little buddy? Why not use your real name? Only if you can, of course.

No, they are definitely snakes. Many people have confirmed that they are real honest and true snakes. What do you think they were? Glass lizards with the eyelids cut off with fingernail clippers?

Hey, what's the deal with you only having 2 posts: this one and the one where you bashed the site owner? Hmmmm, lots of credibility there, little buddy? Why not use your real name? Only if you can, of course.

so u confirmed them by making attack on me?
glad i could help u confirm them...

Not trying to really get involved but I have to agree. You have a total of 3 posts.

1. you attack somebody
2. you bash a new corn morph
3. you get upset like you thought no one would be upset with the little you have done so far.

Do I have that right? And um, nowhere did I see anyone say anything like, "you are dumb so they are real" or "this guy is mean so the snakes are real" so getting mad at you had nothing to do with confirming the snakes. :shrugs:

I am very disappointed in some people on this forum.
First of all, I am just a hobby breeder who would like to share, not with the intention of the future, as often there is a lot of profits, no just to share something, perhaps a new gene within the corn snakes.
Believe me from my experience as a breeder of mutations within Parakeet, that I could see something when something happens .
Years ago this story begins with an animal, as you already know, when it was the discussion on whether or not a hybrid was later told it would be a caramel or amber. Then it was an expression of a het caramel ect ect. Everything I demonstrate end-to-date, all breedingresults and the composition of flocks ect ect. I would like to know who has done this with a likely new gene.;)
I now see that the storie is bending perhaps in their origin, and making the story in their own favor. I think there is maybee one person, namely the person from germanie could have the same as I do.
I Also see things that have nothing to do with the topic, even with the pursuit of a hobby or it would be a different hobby need to go beyond the farming of snakes.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:twohammer
I think if something happens within a culture, to be able to share it, and I will never take refuge behind lies. I am simply in the process of performing a hobby, not as many of you also have to be able to earn money, that do I do with my tile and batroom store.
I find it very regrettable that behaved within enthusiasts, the right outside.
And I hope that the moderator make an end to this topic because it end to nothing, sorry for the person who is interested in. For the last, I hope that I can mean something , I would like to continue sharing the things. But on another way I hope.
I will continue my hobby and perhaps new gene, I had the idea to stop, but the blood gets where it cannot go .
Greatings :cheers:
Jan

I think the breeding chart has made the proving out of the buf gene a lot more understandable for many of us.

Your topic is not the only one where we have gotten off topic- please don't take that personally. It is the nature of forums where people are allowed to speak their thoughts and are not censored.

I hope you continue to post progressions and future breeding results here.

Please stop antagonizing forum members. It is against the rules. If you have a specific complaint, take it to the Board of Inquiry. You _will_ be required to give your real full name there, though, not hide behind anonymity.

Jan, we DO appreciate all you've done. I know it would be difficult if not impossible to take the questions and critical remarks impersonally; still, I implore you to try. I ask you to believe as I do that those of us who care about the hobby are interested in understanding what you've been seeing.

As for the off-topic remarks, that does happen in many threads. It isn't personal, and it isn't related to your thoughts on buf.

I am very disappointed in some people on this forum.
First of all, I am just a hobby breeder who would like to share, not with the intention of the future, as often there is a lot of profits, no just to share something, perhaps a new gene within the corn snakes.
Believe me from my experience as a breeder of mutations within Parakeet, that I could see something when something happens .
Years ago this story begins with an animal, as you already know, when it was the discussion on whether or not a hybrid was later told it would be a caramel or amber. Then it was an expression of a het caramel ect ect. Everything I demonstrate end-to-date, all breedingresults and the composition of flocks ect ect. I would like to know who has done this with a likely new gene.;)
I now see that the storie is bending perhaps in their origin, and making the story in their own favor. I think there is maybee one person, namely the person from germanie could have the same as I do.
I Also see things that have nothing to do with the topic, even with the pursuit of a hobby or it would be a different hobby need to go beyond the farming of snakes.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:twohammer
I think if something happens within a culture, to be able to share it, and I will never take refuge behind lies. I am simply in the process of performing a hobby, not as many of you also have to be able to earn money, that do I do with my tile and batroom store.
I find it very regrettable that behaved within enthusiasts, the right outside.
And I hope that the moderator make an end to this topic because it end to nothing, sorry for the person who is interested in. For the last, I hope that I can mean something , I would like to continue sharing the things. But on another way I hope.
I will continue my hobby and perhaps new gene, I had the idea to stop, but the blood gets where it cannot go .
Greatings :cheers:
Jan

That is just the nature of the beast when making a claim of producing something new. I've had to run that gauntlet several times. The questions and doubt can vary anywhere from truly thoughtful and introspective, to being obviously outlandlishly petty and ridiculous. But that's just the way real life is.

And yes, people do have a right to question someone else's hypotheses and data. Very few people are willing to accept claims at face value, no matter who the source. Personally I believe peer review of anything of this nature is immensely important and should not be blown off simply because it may hurt someone's feelings to not be taken at face value. It's rarely a personal issue, but instead people are trying to be certain that the hypothesis and assumptions being presented are indeed valid.

Data indicating the likely source of the bloodline is important. It can help identify the relationships with other genetic types as well as provide a source tree showing not only where the line came from, but also likely avenues of transmission to determine where this new unique gene might likely surface. Such answers will help immensely when someone else produces the same genetic type and instead of claiming it is something new and unrelated, can logically deduce that because of the likely source, comparing notes from existing examinations of similar looking animals can save a LOT of time and trouble trying to figure out exactly what it is they now have on their hands.

Just because this may be a hobby and merely a fun pastime to you doesn't mean it has to be for everyone else as well. Some people will need to make decisions based on this sort of data that could have them wasting lots of time, money, effort, and resources on projects if the assumptions made are not what they appeared to be at first blush. They could be making plans that could cost them thousands of dollars over several years. So please don't blame them if this is much more serious to them then it may be to you.

Eh...new morph or not, it's not very attractive. It's kinda like that patternless woma, even if it breeds true....I would not want one. It's a dull caramel or a brown normal. *shrugs* But to each their own.

Just for info

In 2008 and 2009 i did Buf het amel x Phantom
From these offsprings Buf and Normal all het amel-charcoal and hypo i got 8 eggs ( i was yet not planning to do this because i was in a house moving )
I got 1 normal 2 buf 1 hypo and one light orange 2 eggs gone down
and one "hypo buf " and maybe this brings more light in it.
Iám Think this is something that makes red orange maybe i kind of hypo that attacks the red pigment.And what will this do in bloodred, next year i will do that, and will this bred again with i hope 10 couples to let you see this is not a one day fly ( because i held the hole offspring from 2008 and 2009 back.

Greetings

Jan

Attachments

• hypobuf.jpg
    hypobuf.jpg
    125.1 KB · Views: 154
Jan I seriously thought you had given up on the hobby totally....

As I have said before, I would love to get a few of those animals, not feasable for me though..

MHO, is that parts of this thread has pretty much ate it self up, but it was to be expected, when certain names are mentioned and certain people post.. I do this hobby for me, and you, and just wish it was at least helping me pay for what has gone on for me, which it hasn't.. As I have said in the past, I wanna start going reclusive, because of the politicing I see that goes on.. There are some "big" names I have no respect here or there, whether it be from personal relations, or their conduct when they are talking out the side of thier mouth..

Jan, just enjoy your hobby, thats the direction I really want to head towards myself, its not that I don't like people, its that people are making it harder for me to get along with them.. Good Luck!

Regards... Tim of T and J

I think this new one looks lovely and maybe 10 years or so from now I might look into importing from across the pond, but for now I want to become familiar with the easier to acquire morphs from this side. I look forward to working with a combo of amel, caramel, motley and stripe in about 2 years. I like this new oddity even if it ends up just a fluke.

Your test is done BUF X CARAMEL
Outcome normal-buf-amel-orange, no caramel or butters
:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

Back