• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Scale less Corns anyone?

BT41042

Scale less Corn anyone? I’ve been lurking here for a year or so and have never posted but I thought maybe some of you guys and gals might find this project interesting...Brian Barczyk (BHB Enterprises) let me in on this new and exciting mutation at the absolute ground floor – The Scale less Corn...The pics are of a normal Corn – Can you imagine a Bloodred or Butter or maybe a Lavender? How about a Striped Snow or Sunglow Motley? Absolutely endless...The best thing about the mutation is that it’s recessive...They are awesome – The eat fine – shed fine and reproduce fine...I’m really stoked about the combos to be made with these guys...
BT

Scaleless.jpg

Scaleless2.jpg

Scaleless3.jpg

These kind of mutations symbolize some the abyss in the morph breeding hobby. Do this next step and breeding two headed animals, tailless animals, eyeless animals is just a stone's throw away.

Looks wicked cool...
But I'm sure you know that it looks like a hybrid. <lol>

Aspects of it remind me of this.

How long has he been working on this project?
Perhaps you could have Brian himself come post?

These kind of mutations symbolize some the abyss in the morph breeding hobby. Do this next step and breeding two headed animals, tailless animals, eyeless animals is just a stone's throw away.

To each their own...I personally like them...

Looks wicked cool...
But I'm sure you know that it looks like a hybrid. <lol>

Aspects of it remind me of this.

How long has he been working on this project?
Perhaps you could have Brian himself come post?

Nope - No hybrid...Listen to the last 10 minutes of www.blogtalkradio.com/reptileradio...Brian gives all the details on the project...Thanks for the comments guys...

BT

Looks 100% hybrid to me. Not just the fact that it has no scales, it's colours are all wrong for a normal (or any other pure corn I have seen) and its head is the wrong shape.

What morph is that one in the original picture?

How does the mutation behave - dominant, recessive?

Do specific adaptations have to be made for these snakes for them to live safely?

Is it completely scaleless, or do residual scales remain? Does its belly have scales? Vent area?

Looks 100% hybrid to me. Not just the fact that it has no scales, it's colours are all wrong for a normal (or any other pure corn I have seen) and its head is the wrong shape.

Also my opinion velvet.
I don`t understand what they want with such cruel breed.:angry01:

I whole heartedly agree

Articles on water loss in scaleless snakes (PDFs):
Article 1
Article 2

Another article on scaleless snakes lacking beta-keratin.

Found this on scaleless texas ratsnakes. If you look at the photos, it looks nothing like a normal colored texas right. Though if you look close at the photos, the animal doesn't look too healthy.

So after reading all that, I could be inclined to believe that it is 100% corn...But in my opinion it shouldn't be reproduced considering the articles.

I'm not going to lie - I like the way it looks.

However I do want to see some facts from the breeder - in his own words on the snakes themselves as to how well they survive. I wouldn't want to have a snake that never had a healthy happy life just because it looked different.

What do you think Corn x Laticincta would look like?

I think somehow the same like crossing whatever is banded and red&yellow to a corn. Henc, the laticincta will change the yellow to deep red, thus, I don't see why you especially chose that asian rat.

But in my opinion it shouldn't be reproduced considering the articles.

The problems with climbing due to the lack of scales are obvious, especially in the Elaphe genus. Moreover, the ventral skin is known to have problemss.

Back