• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

1.0 RESCUE Red Tail Boa, free to experienced home

Lycari

Desperate to Edit
I'm afraid I have no pictures for this thread due to the lack of a computer capable of posting photos on here. For photos, email me at [email protected].

I got this guy off a very upset and surprised friend... It's one of those "how does someone do that" cases. He and a large female turned up together locked in a 50 gallon tank in my friend's front yard back in January. My friend's brother in law was known in the area for rescue and rehabilitation of reptiles, so the assumption is that somebody who knew that dropped them off. Thing is, her brother in law had recently moved to Reno. So, I took the boy and a sanctuary called Predators of the Heart took the girl. The sanctuary was really full on snakes at the time (still is), but they took her because otherwise she'd have to be euthanasized due to the horrible kink in her neck.... Vet said fussed vertebrae from am old break. The boy was in relatively good shape, but a living mite farm with a raging infection. Amazingly, no internal parasites.

I have eliminated the mites (1.5 months mite-free) and he's had a course of antibiotics. IBD blood test was negative. He's taking F/T jumbo rats just fine and has never refused. However, he is somewhat aggressive (he has bitten me twice and hisses often), flighty in general, and I've had a bizarrely hard time getting him to drink water. Water dishes often go untouched for weeks and he barely drinks during soaks. I've only ever really seen him drink from small puddles. He also had not gained any weight or grown at all in the time he's been with me.

I'm not exactly comfortable with larger snakes, and I'm definitely not equipped to house him long term. He needs a good, experienced home to take him from stable to thriving. I'm offering him free of charge to anyone who can provide that. I will pay shipping if necessary.

Please post here, message me, or email me if you're interested.

Unable to edit, but I needed to update that this guy has been identified as a COMMON BOA (Boa constrictor imperator).

Common Boas are smaller than Red-Tails. In fact, this guy isn't quite 5ft long and I'd be surprised if he's even ten pounds.

I would go to redtailboa and maybe offer him there to some of the boa people? sorry for "advertising" another site.. but they have a couple of people that takes in rescues as well. Thank you for helping him <3

Back