• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

10 years after - Hi from Germany

JimGERcream

German efficiency
Hey folks,
this month I am indeed 10 YEARS member of this forum and I never introduced myself...so better late than never, here we go:

I'm Stephan, 29 years old and from Germany. I live in Western Germany between Cologne and Dortmund. I have vivs since I'm 15, but never kept snakes. 11 years ago, I bought my very first cornsnake and became infected with "the virus". A year later in 2004, I became a member of this forum as a beginner. I didn't know anything about genetics but I bought books, talked to people and educated myself.

In the past 10 years I've seen a lot of members here leaving the hobby, new ones joined the community, legends like RichZ retired, the whole "forumscape" changed. I got to know new friends in the United States, some are still here, I lost sight of others. Meanwhile I'm no beginner anymore, I bred much morphs in the past years, produced new and unique ones, whose grandparents already hatched in my place many years ago and I write articles for magazines, spend pictures for cornsnake books and I'm one of the admins of Germanys most important morph lexicon + morph breeding forum. Nevertheless, I'm still learning new things about the corns and their paintjobs every day.

Without the patience of my national and international friends, I wouldn't have had the opportunity to dive such deep into the cornsnake cosmos.

I don't write very much, one reason is the language barrier but I still try to make some peeps happy with postings and pics in my progression threads here. 10 years have passed and I'm still addicted to corns! You all make a major contribution to this. I'm looking foreard to the next 10 years!!

Thanks for this!!!

ji4aadth.jpg

You have some of my absolute favorite corns and I love to see your pictures of them! And your English is better than some native English speakers I know, so I wouldn't let that worry you at all!

I went to Berlin and Oranienburg years ago and I absolutely loved my visit to your country.

Nice to be introduced to you! I have loved seeing the pics of some of your snakes. After being here only a little while I really appreciate having someone like you here to look up to.

I love how "global" this site is ! Spent a number of years in Europe. Here in the US we are impressed at 250+ year old buildings so to see 2000+ year old structures in Europe is really impressive! Such a different and great cultures .
Nice to meet you !!

Stephan, you have always seemed like an old friend.
I open all of your threads knowing there will be either interesting dialogue,...great photography,...or both.

Thanks a lot folks!! Personally, I'm very close to this forum since this is the hotspot of news regarding new morphs and especially major players in the cornsnake breeding cosmos.

I deeply appreciate the kind words, prepare for more stuff during the next 10 years!! I've several hot stuff in the making and still big plans :)

Your photo is absolutely beautiful!
And your English is faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar better than a lot of people I know that actually were born here :p

I thought Germany was absolutely stunning when I visited- Part of my family lives in Waldorf, and I got to go a couple years ago and took the ICE to Cologne- The cathedral there was so incredibly breathtaking, and something you would never see here in Florida, that's for sure! It blew my mind how massive and gorgeous it was.

I'm brand new here to this forum but I am fascinated about this website bringing so many people from all over the world together to talk and share what they're passionate about.
I'm excited to grab my first snake and plunge into the world of Corns!

Too bad I am just getting into Corn Snakes now as we just came back to the USA after 4 1/2 years in Germany. We were in the Bitburg/Wittlich area and went to Cologne and Dortmund a few times. We would love to go back someday. We love it there. If we ever do go back we would love to see your snakes. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back