• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

2010 Amel Stripe - Tarragon

wax32

ALL YOUR BASE
This is the progression thread of Tarragon, my latest pick-up. He is a really sweet amel stripe.

His clutch hatched 6/15 - 6/21 so I am gonna go ahead and give him Juneteenth as his birthday. (6/19)

I got him from Brent @ Dakota Corns, (drizzt80 on the forum). Brent was great to communicate with and got my little guy shipped out the day after I first contacted him. :D

Enough preamble; here are a couple of quick photos to start off the thread:

2010_july7_taragon1.jpg

His shipping cup...

2010_july7_taragon2.jpg

At home in his tub in the baby rack.

Last edited:
He is named for the spice... if all goes well he will be a mate for Cayenne in a few years. Makes perfect sense, no? You can't cook Cajun without Cayenne and Tarragon!

Last edited:
The little guy is possibly het Charcoal. SO looks like he might be in for a bout with Pink too, to prove that out.

Or by that time, one of my hold back Amel het Caramel and Charcoal females from this year for that matter.

He's got big plans! :D

Now to just grow him up. :grin01:

AND, I don't think that is going to be a problem: he has already eaten twice, the first time was only 2 days after his post hatch shed! That's a champ in my book. :dancer:

Lookin' good. Glad to see you're keeping him nice and acclimated by setting him up with a blue bowl!

PG10017.jpg

Thanks for the purchase and kind words!
D80

Yeah, I made sure to give him a blue one, he went right under it. :grin01:

I use all the other colors Petco sells too, but a bunch of them are blue. I couldn't hold out for all blue, because they buy a variety pack and only restock those bowls when they are ALL gone, and I needed a WHOLE LOT of them. :D The girl at the store was like, "Why do you keep buying out all our hamster bowls?" LOL I told her I breed corns and she decided that the bowls were a good idea. :D

2010_bowls.jpg

That's 19 bowls, I have 17 more in use at the moment. :D

That is Ninny, one of our cats sleeping in the background, I just noticed her!

Last edited:
I looked up 40 minutes after the last post and Ninny is still laying there in exactly the same pose! Man, cats are lazy. :grin01:

Did the double check pop, and he is for sure a boy. While I was at it I weighed him; he weighs in at a whopping 7 grams! Good thing I've got lots of small pinks on hand. :grin01:

Last edited:
Thanks!

His color really pops, but that photo may be a little brighter than actual, due to the flash.

Thanks! Yeah I love the orange snakes. This is my first stripe in the collection, I want more! :D

He ate a pink like a champ already. He is gonna be a grower, I can feel it. :grin01:

He is in a tub in a rack from Reptile Basics, they don't make it any more. But have similar ones still. I highly recommend them.

The bulk of my hatchlings are in 6qt Sterilite shoe-boxes.
2010_racks1.jpg

Back