• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

75 gallon tank divided

alxx11uml

this will be my first DIY and i was given a 75 gallon tank to do it with. my question is fairly simple. Will that tank divided right down the middle be large enough to house 2 adult corn snakes, the measurements of each side would be about (24"L x 18"W x 20"H)? Also what can i use to color the plexiglas in the middle? any suggestions or ideas are also welcome

this will be my first DIY and i was given a 75 gallon tank to do it with. my question is fairly simple. Will that tank divided right down the middle be large enough to house 2 adult corn snakes, the measurements of each side would be about (24"L x 18"W x 20"H)? Also what can i use to color the plexiglas in the middle? any suggestions or ideas are also welcome

That should be good. I did the same trick for my hatchlings. I silicone the divider in place so I could remove it and the silicone latter. Worked!!

If you're set on painting it, you should be able to lightly sand it and apply plastic paint. Sold at hardware store not...to repaint plastic furinture.

Good luck!!

That should be good. I did the same trick for my hatchlings. I silicone the divider in place so I could remove it and the silicone latter. Worked!!

If you're set on painting it, you should be able to lightly sand it and apply plastic paint. Sold at hardware store not...to repaint plastic furinture.

Good luck!!

any brand names you can give me that you have found worked the best? i am not dead set on painting it but i would like to have something there so that the snakes can't see each other, anything you can suggest?? Thanks

any brand names you can give me that you have found worked the best? i am not dead set on painting it but i would like to have something there so that the snakes can't see each other, anything you can suggest?? Thanks

Sorry no. Can't remember what brand I saw and I never use it but...it on the market.

Alxx11uml,

You can get frosted/opaque plexi instead of clear.

Otherwise, I'd just pick up some contact shelving paper rather than mess with
trying to paint the plexi.

Lokk for Delrin, or Dleron. Its a white plastics material very similar to plexiglass and pretty easy to come by.

Back