• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

A teacher is being fired at my school

Teddy Roosevelt

i loev cronsankes
And god are the rumors flying around as to why.

This morning when I got to school it was "We have a new math teacher; I think Mrs. Blah is being fired." By the end of the day, it was, "Mrs. Blah IS being fired and it's because she bought beer for students and slept with a student."

First of all, I've been a student and a Teacher's Aide to this woman, and the most I could say about her is that she's somewhat unprofessional in talking about kids. IE she'd say stuff to me (in private) like "Why doesn't he just stay home and smoke his weed instead of wasting my time by coming to class?" which is definitely not appropriate for a teacher to say about a student, esp. to another student, but I assume would warrant a talking-to and maybe a probationary, "We've gt an eye on you" period, not firing.

Secondly, this woman is married with a kid. I could possibly stretch my imagination to concede that she might buy beer for her kids (she's the kind of teacher that wants to be more friends with students than a teacher or an authority figure), but I could not possibly force myself to believe she'd have relations with a student.

Finally, these kids spreading this rumor don't even realize what they're doing. If it were true, the whole school would know because the media would grab on and never let go of the story, and she'd be dealing with court charges, not just missing suddenly. The principal would send home a letter to parents, for god's sake. They're going to create a huge mess for this woman who may be losing the job she was up for tenure for, and all because of some petty rumor. Things like that are taken seriously; if that rumor continues to spread she'll be investigated and even if it's not true (and I doubt that it is) it'll forever be on her reeputation. it'll essentially ruin this woman's career.

It just pisses me off how casually people are spreading around a rumor that could destroy this woman's livelihood without any basis in reality whatsoever.

There are always lots of rumors. Firing a teacher is not an easy thing and is a decision that will be made by the Board of Education. It usually involves hearings and testimony and you can be sure it will be in the paper. If it isn't in the news, it may be about to happen but it has not happened.

Back