• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

A Thread for Lilly

gracierose9581

I posted her pictures (again, not sure if she is a she or a he, but I'm calling her a she) last week when we got her, but decided I wanted one place to post her pictures. I hope to add some this weekend. I am going to take her out tonight after the kids go to bed (it's so much quieter then) and will try to take some more pictures. So far she likes to lay in her warm hide and peek out every now and then. It's cute.
My kids named her Lilly. We have another snake, Copper, who we think is probably 2-3 months old given what little we know about them. I'd love to get another one, but so far the husband has put the breaks on any more snakes :(

This was taken the day we brought her home
New Snake 1 (800x800).jpg

And her exploring me
Lilly 1 (800x800).jpg

I mean he put the BRAKES on getting another snake....

There's only one thing left to do. Kick that bum to the curb... and replace him with another snake. I jest of course. But I am glad my woman is all about getting more snakes. I was talking to her today and I was like "I hope you don't mind, but I'm already thinking about our third snake." to which she responded "That's ok, I thought we were gonna end up with a lot of them!"

Back on topic though, not sure if I commented in the other thread but Lily's a cutey. Lookin forward to watching her grow. It's actually really cool a few people have started progression threads of baby's and youngins at the same time we got Plissken, so it'll be neat watching them all grow together.

So prepare yourself for some picture spam... I took a bunch of pictures tonight. You'll have to forgive me for my photography skills, I am learning how to photograph snakes and Lilly is still getting used to us. She is so sweet though, and ate really well. It's funny though because my baby corn takes the food right away no questions asked. Lilly likes to be left alone in a dark quiet place to take her time to eat.

She, for some reason, loves to go around my neck and then onto my glasses.
March 2013 029 (760x800).jpg

My daughter, Raine, with Lilly
March 2013 030 (683x800).jpg

March 2013 037 (800x390).jpg
March 2013 038 (480x800).jpg
Raine and Lilly
March 2013 043 (800x536).jpg

I suspect that she is going to shed soon, I can't wait to see what she will look like post-shed...Anyway, on with more pictures of Lilly.

March 2013 040 (800x702).jpg

I just thought this was a cute picture of my son trying to take a picture of Lilly while my daughter was holding her
March 2013 046 (800x536).jpg
March 2013 058 (617x800).jpg
I was trying to get a picture of her body, she's still squirmy :)
March 2013 064 (800x536).jpg
March 2013 050 (800x748).jpg

Thank you for looking. We also tried to measure her, she is about 2ft and 78g.

Nythain, I have thought about it :)
He just doesn't understand! I'm sure that I can wear him down eventually, but for now I have so much to learn about snake ownership and I am enjoying my two little babies so much, I can wait for the third.

An update on Lilly

Here are some pictures of Lilly. We have had her for over a month now. When we got her the lady said that she fed her once a month! Her first couple of feeds she would only eat if we left the f/t mouse in her feeding tub alone in a dark quiet place. Now once she is in her feeding tub she knows what is coming and takes it right from the thongs. She is very docile and sweet. When she is out she usually spends her time exploring my hair and glasses. I put her viv picture on here as well. Ever since I added the flowers and more greenery she is out a lot more. She really is a joy.

March 2013 089 (800x536).jpg

March 2013 090 (800x536).jpg

April 2013 156 (800x535).jpg

April 2013 158 (800x773).jpg

April 2013 151 (800x536).jpg

Thanks. I found the flowers at Goodwill and the greenery at the dollar store. I need to get the other snakes some more greenery. I figured with the flowers I can change them out depending on the time of year :)

Lilly today!

Took just a few of Lilly while we were waiting for her mouse to thaw. She has grown quite a bit since we got her. She is a great eater and still as sweet. In the orange pictures she was exploring our bed and decided that my clean clothes looked like a good place to curl up. They were taken with my phone and iPad so sorry if they aren't the best. I wanted to get her outside for nice pictures, but of course it's raining and still cold here. Oh well, eventually the rain has to stop, right??
Anyway, she is now 110g and about 30 inches long.

Lilly 1 (800x527).jpg

Lilly 5 (433x800).jpg

Lilly 2 (800x515).jpg

Back