• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

after a shed

nellyp

how often will my corn shed after he just had his first one from when i got him and wat is the best way for me to keep his viv humid what is the recommend substrate to use as at the moment im useing large wood chip advised by my pet shop any help will be appriecated ty

how often will my corn shed
If he's a hatchling, then he'll shed once every 4-6 weeks. If he's an adult, around 4 times a year.

wat is the best way for me to keep his viv humid
You don't usually need to worry about that in the UK. If he has trouble shedding, you can put a humid hide in the tank, so he has somewhere extra humid to hide out. A humid hide is an ordinary plastic tub like a sandwich box, with a snake-sized hole cut in the lid or side. One-third fill it with something damp like sphagnum moss or vermiculite. Damp paper towel will do, but it dries out easily and you need to keep changing it.

what is the recommend substrate to use as at the moment im useing large wood chip
As long as it isn't something resinous like pine (which can cause breathing problems for snakes), then wood chips will be fine. They're common here in the UK, whereas shredded aspen is the norm in the US. You can find aspen here if you want to try it.

Just another tip - if you could break your posts down into individual sentences, it will make them easier to read and you might get more replies :)

my snake has just compeleted his first shed with me so i was woundering shall i feed him now, and on saturday because thats his actuall feed day or just wait to his feed day because he mist his feeding day? any advise would be helpful

my snake has just compeleted his first shed with me so i was woundering shall i feed him now, and on saturday because thats his actuall feed day or just wait to his feed day because he mist his feeding day? any advise would be helpful

I would just wait until Saturday; missing one feeding won't harm him as long as he is healthy.

Chap - this is the fourth time you've asked this question (in one case, twice on the same thread!) and I've answered twice and you've had two other replies that I've read.

I'll say again - it doesn't matter. You can feed today or on Saturday. It makes no difference to the snake. There aren't really any rules on some of these things, there are just the things that work for you and your snake. Different things work for different people and sometimes you just have to take a breath and do what you think is best if there are no clear guidelines.

Time to decide!

Back