• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

after eating?

abdurham

sometimes after eatin my 8 month old will go to the non heated side of the tank. i dont know if he goes in the warm hide at night or what. he doesnt do this all the time and he has never had a problem with digestion so i dont think that there is a problem but i am just checking.

I'm a newbie..but if he's eating..not regurging and pooping..I would think at 8 months he knows what he needs to do to be comfortable...

They are born knowing what to do. Mine hang out on the cool side even while digesting and seem to do fine.

I just bought a 2 year old corn that is about 36 inches long. She eats 1 small mouse every 7 days. well after her last feeding she went swimming for the day. She climbed in the very big water bowl and had he head under the water and was blowing bubbles and swimming around and would pop her head out and then put her head back down and swim around again. When she got tired she just curled up in the water bowl and stayed there for a few hours. She ended up digesting just fine about 1.5 days later.

A lot of my corns go to the cool side after eating and don't go to the warm side until the next day. I was a worry wart the first year I owned corn snakes but now I realize they are pretty able to decide for themselves when they need to be cool or warm.
Maybe it just feels good to them to have a full belly? Kind of like when you eat a huge meal and unbuckle your belt and then linger a while at the table lol

MegF. said:
They are born knowing what to do. Mine hang out on the cool side even while digesting and seem to do fine.

Exactly! In some way instinct is smarter than us!!!

Back