• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Almost there...

any ideas?

Here is the pic, slightly colored to show closer to actual. There is not a trace of white on this girl.
Any ideas as to what's happening here?

Attachments

• recolored100_1727.jpg
    recolored100_1727.jpg
    233 KB · Views: 88
Oh, yeah -
The belly is checkered like an ordinary hypo, but the color of the belly - at least towards the rear - is almost the same as the ground color on the back and sides. Extraordinarily calm animal.

I'm confused. Why are you surprised that she has no white? Is there something significant there?

And to answer the original question...

Snow x amber doesn't normally make hypos. However, if the snow was het/homo hypo (coral snow) then it would explain hypos. In this case, the snow was obviously het hypo.

So your hypo is het caramel, amel, and anery.

Yes, a lot of het caramels show extra yellow.

Joe, ordinarily I wouldn't wonder at all, but this snake comes from a line that produces a lot of Miamis and other normals with lots of white. The amber parent had quite a bit of white stippling as well.
Well, I guess that answers my question - just a natural variation.
Really, the caramel influence answers the question, i just didn't know that it could be so overpowering. Its full sibling looks like a crimson.

Are you saying she is or is not a hypo? :shrugs: Many non-hypos can take on that look and end up looking very hypo-ish as adults. If she was not clearly a hypo as a hatchling, I would not count on her as hypo when you're planning what male to pair up with her. ;)

Combined with the caramel influence, a lot of normals het amber can look very "quasi-amber" themselves. :cheers:

I am still new to the morphs with Corns but I will say this, you little girl looks like my little boy I have. He is a 04 and one of my favorite snakes. :) How old is she?

She's very pretty. At first cglance I mistook her for an ultra. She looks very similar to my ultramel male.

I'm not saying she is, only breeding trials would let you know but from the sounds of her relations, it's unlikely.

Very pretty girl!

princess said:
She's very pretty. At first cglance I mistook her for an ultra. She looks very similar to my ultramel male.

I'm not saying she is, only breeding trials would let you know but from the sounds of her relations, it's unlikely.

Very pretty girl!

Wut? That snake looks nothing like an ultramel.

No, what she looks like to me isn't an ultra but almost like an amber without saddle borders.
(Of course Of course Of course the picture doesn't show the true colors)

I'll pass on the compliment to her, though

Back