• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

amel motley?

abdurham

i am not sure this is motley. the bottom says it is but the top looks more normal to me.
wholebody0to.png

here is the all white bottom
image0345ej.jpg

I would agree that looking at the top pattern that it doesn't look motley. And about the belly, the picture is very difficult to make out well but it looks like it has a few whittish markings on the belly. One thing about baby amels, sometimes you get one that is hard to see the belly pattern very well till it gets a bit older. So, maybe that is what is going on. Now, I am just giving out a guess as the belly shot is very hard to see well. Irregardless of motley or not, it is definitely a very nicely colored amel. :)

This guy is an amel mot although to look at his back you wouldn't think so!
pop001.jpg

This is his belly and his sisters belly, she shows pretty typical amel belly colouring.
pop003.jpg

princess said:
This guy is an amel mot although to look at his back you wouldn't think so!

Simply look at the lateral pattern - clearly shows Motley. (It can also be seen a little bit at the pic with the ventrals)

Adele,
That amel has a lot of belly checkers to be a motley. I would think he might be het motley instead of motley. Are you certain he's a motley?

CornCrazy said:
Adele,
That amel has a lot of belly checkers to be a motley. I would think he might be het motley instead of motley. Are you certain he's a motley?

Terri, the one with no checkers is the (male in the top pic) motley, the one with checkers is his sister who is not a motley.

I just realised that depending on your screen size, the 2nd pic could look like 1 snake! But there are definitely 2!! One has deffinate checkers and one definitely has none!

LOL! I guess I didn't scroll far enough to see that there are 2 snakes in the picture. Thanks for pointing that out to me! :crazy01:

It's an easy thing to miss :) .

I never realised how hard it is to hold two 4 month olds still for a belly shot :rolleyes:

:-offtopic
The female was an automatic keeper. When she hatched out, she had more red on her than I'd expect for even a couple of sheds and her colouring up has not dissapointed me at all. Her brother was a keeper after a couple of sheds when he started to 'glow' orange! I'm going to see how he grows up and perhaps put him with my sunglow mot when he's ready. Their mum is a nice red Lookeetee and their dads dad is a bubblegum mot, so there's some good erythrin in those genes!

BACK ON TOPIC!

abdurham, I wouldn't be surprised if your snake is a banded motley. Some motlies have been bred to look more like a milk snake with bands of colour and fewer saddles. This would explain your snake I think.

Back