• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

AnimalHouse's Hubby

AbbottOkeetee

I am AnimalHouse's hubby.

My name is Donald, and I live in the Tampa Bay area of Florida. I work during the day for a software company that makes AntiVirus/AntiSpyware technology. I work with creating databases/programming/webpages, I'm always monitoring at least 7 servers personally, 40 servers company wide making sure they stay up at all times.

Anyway, enough about what I do during the day, I came here because my wife and I have started going to Repile Expos (one in Orlando, and recently the one in Tampa). She has 3 of the leopard geckos and after our recent trip to Tampa I finally became interested in the snakes; especially after holding a few.

I now own an "Abbott" Okeetee cornsnake, so thus now will be participating in the forums!

Good to meet everyone!

Other animals in our house include 2 dogs, a cat, some betta fish, 3 leopard geckos, our 2 cornsnakes, and some other snakes in our roommate's room.

Hey Don! Welcome to the forum. It was great to meet you and Sarah at the show. Enjoy your new additions and don't be surprised when you start wanting more!

Hey Donald! :wavey: It's been a pleasure seeing all the photos your wife has posted of your zoo...nice to see you join as well. Looking forward to getting to know ya!

Hello Don! Welcome to the forum. As I read in the other thread, you got the Abbott (Evelin) and Sarah the stripe. Great picks (the snake and the name).

Okeetee's are my favorite and I own one Abbott named Kinky, although he has no kinks.

Once Evelin settles in, we would love to see more pictures of her, as well as Sarah's (named yet?).

It was nice meeting you guys Saturday! We Florida people plan other fun stuff to do besides shows like visits to the serpentarium near Orlando and Gatorland and things like that. We went to Bok Tower once- I'd never even heard of it! Now the big thing to plan for is the National Reptile Breeders Expo in Daytona, the end of August. I think it's the 22-24th this year. You'll get to meet CS.com members from all over the country! It's amazing.

Here are some upcoming Florida shows:

April 18 & 19 - South Tampa Bay, FL
May 9 & 10 - Orlando, FL
June 6 & 7 - Jacksonville, FL
June 27 & 28 Tampa, FL
October 24 & 25 - Orlando, FL
November 21 & 22 - South Tampa Bay, FL

Woo.. He is finally on one of my forums LOL! :) And I am excited to meet more people :) I Can't contain myself.. I sit and stare at there cages HOPING They come out of Hiding! LOL!

And no, Mine doesn't have a name yet. Took me like 2 weeks to come up with ones for my leos LOL!

A BIG HOWDY AND WELCOME TO ONE OF THE FASTEST GROWING ADDICTIONS I HAVE EVER SEEN!! LMAO!
BUT AT LEAST THIS SITE OFFERS US ADDICTS THE MOST AMOUNT OF REAL SUPPORT AND TRUE HELP TOO!

(And I do mean "ADDICITON")

When they make mention of "How you will want more" They ain't justa a kidding! LOL Last Dec, we had one dog & one Snow Corn that My hubby got for Fathers day in 2005... Me thinking maybe a good Xmas gift would be a mate for our snake, somehow QUICKLY grew into us having a total of 6 cornsnakes just 3 weeks later!!!! And now, like you watching & waiting for them to come out of hiding... I keep the 2 viv's with the 2 HOPEFULLY mating pairs with in eye shot CONSTANTLY!!! I am also keeping "Luther Vandross" going, I figure every little bit helps! Until this, I had no IDEA how impatient of a person I am!! LMAO!

I WANT EGGS!!!
I WANT TO SEE BABIES!!!
I WANT MORE SNAKES!!! lmao

(See what you have to look forward too?!) It's AMAZINGLY WONDERFUL!

So welcome again.. Nice To Meetchya!
Mary Ann & Sean

I will make a note to myself to wait a while before obtaining more snakes. Hahaha. It has definitely influenced the way I think about things. I even know what design Tattoo I want now!

Back