• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

another pregnancy

skelator

well the first litter was born on 1/18. i checked the mice today and one is pretty huge. noticeably larger than the other female. theres only five babies from the first litter. i want to seperate the females because i believe one of them is a cannibal. i only got 5 out of 15 babies.

a few days ago i bought two more females and i put my male in with them. reason i did this is im fairly certin im going to have to cull my cannibal female when i know which one it is for sure. i suspect its the one thats dosent appear to be pregnant.

stupid question time. should i just move the pregnant one to her own tote? or should i move the not pregnant one and leave the pregnant one with her about 4 week old babies?

Most of my mice will nurse the colony so keeping the together shouldn't be a problem... BTW most first time moms will eat all or part of their young, I wouldn't cull the female until she has had her second litter. Most likely she wont eat them next time(unless there is something wrong).

nice! i put the super pregnant one in her own tote. hopefully i dont have a cannibal but if i do i will be absolutly sure. she has a hide a some shredded newspaper to make a nest. a plethora of different foods and 2 toilet paper rolls. she wasted no time building a nest.

at what point should i completly seperate the babies i got? or do i just leave them there? they run around quite a bit now.

im just unsure of how many tubs of mice i should have hahaha.

i have 1 male breeder and 4 different females. i got the last 2 females just recently. i didnt think i was supposed to put them in with the other 2 females that already produced litters so i put them in their own tote with the male.

so to recap i got 3 totes so far. one with the super preggo mom. one with a mom and 5 almost 4 week old babies. and one with my breeder male and 2 new females.

Back