• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Any Advice

These are some pictures of my cute little snake

Attachments

• InHand2.jpg
    InHand2.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 46
  • InHand.jpg
    InHand.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 49
Somewhere around 95% of what I've learned about corn snakes is in Bill and Kathy Love's book: http://smile.amazon.com/dp/1882770706 You can buy it for less than $5 used. It's worthwhile.

Don Soderberg's is also excellent, though I haven't yet read it myself. I was holding out waiting for his new book, but he seems to have abandoned that project as it was taking up too much of his time. It was published a year later, so may have slightly updated information. Keep in mind, these two books are "old" works at this point, and are missing a LOT of genetic data, and some common practices may have changed within the last decade. http://smile.amazon.com/dp/0976733412

Don Soderberg's book, 'Corn Snakes In Captivity' may be a better book for you as it's much easier to read and a little less technical. I have it and have loved reading it. I just looked in Amazon and found good used copies for $7 incl. shipping. Enjoy!

Attachments

• Don Soderberg's book.jpg
    Don Soderberg's book.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 28
I have both of those books, too, and find them helpful. You know what else, though? I've actually read the stickies posted with the different forums. Some of them are rules of the site, but quite a few of them are cs informational and/or offer links to even more information. Your question is too broad; it takes a book to answer you. (smile) If you narrow it down after reading something specific in the books, it would be easier to get information/advice/opinions from the people here, which is really nice because of the differing perspectives of breeders, multiple-corn owners, one corn owners...

I did a fair bit of my research by just reading through old threads here before I got mine. I did read books as well, but I found a lot of the advice and ideas on here super helpful.
I literally spent days just reading back through the different sections of this forum. In some sections I went all the way to the beginning.
Of course use books and other resources as well, but this is a great starting and ending point imo.

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

Back