• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Anybody care to hazard a guess?

sprdonkey

..with hatchlings blessed
I bought her at a petstore that disclaims this fact: all of their snakes have hets but they do not track them. I have seen pics of similiar snakes but they all have different trade names...heh.

Attachments

• Penny 2.jpg
    Penny 2.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 118
  • Penny 3.jpg
    Penny 3.jpg
    141.1 KB · Views: 117
Nada on belly

Belly is clean as a whistle..Thank you for looking guys. Why does the motley charachteristic make it so hard to see the black? Is it's tendancy to soften appearance really that strong? For example, here are some pics of two snakes we picked up at a show, same clutch ,breeder said that both parents were butters and sold these babies as butters, other half was counceled that they were goldusts, but could they be simply amber motleys?

Attachments

• Golddust female 1.jpg
    Golddust female 1.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 112
  • Golddust male 1.jpg
    Golddust male 1.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 112
Female top, boy bottom

Little girls pic didn't come out so well, she's on top. Poor thing, it was so loud at the show that we couldn't hear her clicking when she breathed and sneezing until we got halfway home. She seems ok now though.

Then there is this little gem...

Also from first mentioned pet store, sold as anery stripe (hets unknown)

Attachments

• Anery disappearing stripe 3.jpg
    Anery disappearing stripe 3.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 113
  • Anery disappearing stripe 6.jpg
    Anery disappearing stripe 6.jpg
    260.3 KB · Views: 111
Those are not ambers because they have red eyes, and your anery stripe on the bottom is an anery motley.

sprdonkey said:
Belly is clean as a whistle..Thank you for looking guys. Why does the motley charachteristic make it so hard to see the black? Is it's tendancy to soften appearance really that strong? For example, here are some pics of two snakes we picked up at a show, same clutch ,breeder said that both parents were butters and sold these babies as butters, other half was counceled that they were goldusts, but could they be simply amber motleys?
Motley and stripe definitely have a "hypo" effect associated with them. And yes, this hypo-ish tendency is very strong.

I would say the other two are just dark Butter motleys...They are very similar in colouring to my butter. As someone pointed out, they cannot be ambers due to have red/pink eyes.

Dean mentioned the following..

Motley and stripe definitely have a "hypo" effect associated with them. And yes, this hypo-ish tendency is very strong.

Totally agree.. Also creates a funky head pattern similair to blood lines..

Sia, that normal motley up top looks familiar.. I swear I looked at that one before.. *lol* The more that one progresses the more it looks like a normal ( a normal corn, whats that? *LOL* they are all different... )

Regards.. Tim of T and J

I was looking at the first two pictures and it might be possible that they are Goldust Motleys or even maybe an Ultra Motley. Doesn't quite look like an Ultramel to me. The eyes are different but it is definitely not an Amber Motley. The yellowish gold coloring to the iris looks like a Goldust to me. Motley and Stripe genes remove all belly checkering not all the black in the animal. I agree with Joe on the last picture. That's an Anery Motley not a Stripe. Some people call that patterning Motley Stripe as a "Trade Name" but nevertheless still a Motley.
Jay :cool:

I thought 'motley het caramel' when I saw the first snakes. Since there were butters in the clutch... they can surely be het caramel indeed...

These are all from different sources also, sorry for the confusion, I should have been more specific.

Back