• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Argento (dwarf boa) update

azhketh

Less than two months since I got him, but I managed to catch a couple nice pics of Argento on the kitchen floor while I was taking a picture to measure him. I didn't really think he'd have grown in this short amount of time and I was right. Still 25".

Right now Argento is in the feeding tub with a mouse. He doesn't look too interested even though he hasn't eaten in a week. 'course it is winter, so maybe that's it. He's put on about 24g of weight in the time I've had him. Seems like a lot to me, but then I'm still relatively new to snakes (3.5 years in this hobby, most of that time with just one snake) and he is a hatchling. Anyway, it's not as if I'm overfeeding him and he doesn't look fat, so I'm taking that as a good sign.

Here's the pic I used to measure him.

Even with the tile as a frame of reference, he looks huge.

Those eyes are the real reason for his name.

Plus two tongue shots! :dancer:

Arg, I did it again! And no way to edit. Correction: and he is still a BABY.

:laugh01:

If you become a Contributing Member, you can edit :). There's a good reason right off the top, not to mention your membership dollars help to support this fantastic site.

Argento is adorable. I love Boas :).

If you become a Contributing Member, you can edit :). There's a good reason right off the top, not to mention your membership dollars help to support this fantastic site.

Argento is adorable. I love Boas :).

Hmmmm, interesting..

Thanks! I'm really falling in love with boas, not just my guy. Saw a pic of a sunset boa in another thread, and it's beautiful. Plus I just watched the first episode of "An Idiot Abroad," and it showed a clip of a future episode set in Peru where the guy sees a boa in the wild. Just seeing that little clip got me excited. :rofl: It was a pretty snake!

Ooh, very nice colors on him. What's his subspecies/locality?

Costa Rican

Back