• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Babies from Anery X Anery

Kokopelli

Resident Boa Fanatic
These hatched from a clutch of two Aneries...(sold as Aneries at least).

In the last picture there's an eye closeup but it's too dark... technically, her eyes are just as seen above, blue, with a red iris

Are these an Anery and a ghost?

Yep, that's a lovely ghost! (I'm a sucker for their blue eyes and get excited every time I hatch one!)
Edited to add; what lovely markings too!

I love the pattern on that ghost baby! And the Anery sibling's is very neat too. Congrats!

Ultramel seems to blur borders of a corn's markings. I really think it's an ultramel anery, and both are sweet zigzags too.

I have very limited experience with even seeing pictures of ultra aneries or ultramel aneries. But once the eyes were pointed out to me, I'd agree that they do look ultra rather than hypo to me too.

Ultramel seems to blur borders of a corn's markings. I really think it's an ultramel anery, and both are sweet zigzags too.
I thought the same thing when I first saw it, we hatched a handful of ultramel anery babies this season and there is just something different about them and this little one struck me as having that "different-ness if you will, and we've hatched hundreds of ghosts and to me s/he doesn't look like a ghost to me.
Very pretty baby regardless.

Could one parent be ultra ghost?

Naw, I seriously doubt it.
Since only one baby turned out like this, my guess is that one Anery parent is het for Ultra and the other for Amel... hence having a 25% producing "this".

There's a second clutch from these parents coming... if another one will pop out I'll take it as well.

And thank you all.
The second picture really is the most accurate... blue eye, red pupil.... so hard to capture it with a camera though.

I too think she's not a Ghost... Iv'e seen ghosts, and she's a bit "off" that track...

I've hatched hundreds of ghosts and it sure looks like a typical ghost to me. I don't have the experience with ultramels as Chris does, but I'm thinking not just with my experience with ghosts but more of the actual chances that 2 anerys, not labeled as anything else, would be either both het hypo or one het amel and the other het ultra.

but more of the actual chances that 2 anerys, not labeled as anything else, would be either both het hypo or one het amel and the other het ultra.

That applies to the US maybe.
The hectic nature of how things get here is such that one scenario is as likely or unlikely as the other.

I've hatched hundreds of ghosts and it sure looks like a typical ghost to me.

Susan, do ghosts usually have blue eyes and ruby irises?
From what I saw this is common for Ultramel- based morphs.

Isn't this the one thing which we can rely on? Since the second picture shows it clearly, and the last pic too if you look close enough, it's simply too dark to see it easily.

Back