• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Been thinking...

TandJ

Ole' Stoic Viper...
Hashing around some ideas in my head about this hobby..

Some more time is nescessary for me to make some changes.. I have tried to compete against the cut throats, the market crashers, the back yard wannabe's, and I am tired of it.. Respectively I scaled back these last few years, to not produce much at all.. Of course, when one scales back, others hop aboard flooding the market place with more and more, and essentially topple the market... All be it, it makes me sad, to watch animals sell for essentially wholesale prices and people think its ok.. So be it, it is what it is and its a mess and will continue to be.. I have a love for all animals far a wide, and even to the point I love animals more than I care about man kind, but not in a sick way.. essentially I am sick of the know it alls, sick of the ones that have hopped in for the gravey train, and tired of the liars and the lies that have raised their heads. Screw it, I am far to honest to even want to be associated with a lot of riff raff I have found on the online world..

Health problems over the last few years have started to plaque me, early on set diabetes for one, chemical disorders, hormonal issues and other health related issues... I need to mention stress levels have played out with me too.. I have felt oretty decent recently about my hobby, since I stopped coming by here so often, reminding me what it is all about to my personal level.. Its not forums, its not about who produces mroph XYZ, it comes down to simply enjoyment, of not being devoured by the rat race.. I don't have to step up my game, because I am deciding not to play the game at all.. I don't care who I irritate with my prices or policies, I am not playing in that game anymore... If I give my animals away, whats it matter? If I sell them for Million dollars, whats it matter.. the hell with the BS, I am in this for my enjoyment, and sooner or later there will be a relaunch of our site, and hopefully I can come up with a decent mission statement for all to see and read..

Tim, I know you have been feeling this way for a long time. I am sorry to hear you sounding so down. Take a break for a while. Find some other activity that interests you. I'm thinking about getting into poison dart frogs, just different. Don't look to snakes as a way to earn a living, it is a poor way to do it. You would earn more money as a manager trainee at McDonald's. I have diabetes, you can handle that. Just don't let life get you so down man.

I picked up a mantis over the weekend, seems that little bug has gained a lot of intrest from me over the last year...

I am worn down and worn out from the forums, to me I just can't find the harmony I think should exist with a tight knit group.. Hard to have when you feel decieved, but its a chance for me to move forward and to regroup my efforts instead of wandering in a daze... certainly there are a lot of people here I care about and appreciate, but I need to step back for a while or an eternity to for myself for once...

I know you've been fighting things Tim, and I for 1
will be behind you for support anytime you need it.
The health issues need to be your main focus since
w/o decent health, things get worse.

You know where/how I can be found if you need anything!

Bug...

Hey Tim,

Enjoyed our visit at the show. How's your Mantis doing? I'm going through my hold backs and evaluating what I will be keeping. I will probably be moving out some of my 09 Serpenco yearlings that don't fit into my breeding plans as well. I'm still interested in a pair of those hets we talked about. Let me know if you might be interested in a trade or something.
Hang in there my friend, you have a lot of people who care about you!

Take care,
Ed

I need to go and dig on the shelfs Ed and see what exactly is there.. If you want, I can crawl out of bed in the early to beat the Vegas traffic and get down to your area...

The Budwing Mantid is doing great.. Eats like a little piggy, and growing like a weed... Can't to see the bright pink eyes get bigger..

Timmah, i understand what you are saying.
There with the health issues, the stress and what not. What keeps me going are the animals.
I also agree there are way to many market crashers out there. To many hobbyists pretending to be business men and causing the market to crash. Feeling the only way to sell their animals at a below market cost. Instead of holding the animals and waiting for them to sell down the line. Or to many people feeling the need to breed their animals and not knowing how to sell them or where. No after thought of the process.

Back