• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

behavior

krystal16

hello...

i'm new to this site. i just got a little corn, saturday ( today is monday) and i have been handling him since i got him in the car, i have read on various sites that this is not good. the people at the pet store said that he hadn't eaten the day before, and yesterday i tried to feed him meal worms (as my pregnant mice have not had pinkies yet) he did not eat. he is skinny but i don't know if that is normal as i have mostly dealt with boas. i do not have a heat lamp only a under the tank heating pad, and i have him in a 10 gallon tank, which i was unsure if it was ok, but he is only a little bigger than a foot. i also don't know if he can survive with my 4 1/2 foot boa in his 150 gallon tank when he gets bigger. please help!!!

Surely you are not suggesting putting this corn snake in the same enclosure with a boa?!?! :awcrap:

Corn snakes do not and more than likely will not eat meal worms. If you are not ready to feed pinks that you have raised...you are gonna need to go buy some!

Your setup sounds sufficent. Make sure you have several hides in there and a water bowl! You didn't mention what type of substrate you use but I always recommend shredded aspen. Cheap and it's an easy clean up.

My suggestion to you is to take some time and read over these forums and there are many many websites out there dedicated to specifically corn snakes with a wealth of information!

And don't forget to read Kathy Love's book...Corn Snake Manual! Lots of great info there...can be gotten right off her website. Even autographed...:dancer:...I got mine!

Best of luck,

Quigs

Quigs has mostly sayed everything.

DO NOT PUT THE CORN ANYWHERE NEAR THE BOA

I think you should of done a bit more reasearch before you got your corn, but good luck anyway and have fun with it :D

Cheers

Alex

Back