• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Better photos of the new corns

jenni1985

Hey all

I've had my sister-in-law take photos of the corns now so here goes....

Storm - Anery female

http://www.bebo.com/PhotoAlbumBig.jsp?MemberId=7329993&PhotoAlbumId=4703956160&PhotoId=4717638911

Rose - Amel female (reptile expert has verified)

http://www.bebo.com/PhotoAlbumBig.jsp?MemberId=7329993&PhotoAlbumId=4703956160&PhotoId=4717638987

Romeo - male - Corn x Rat snake (probably why noone had a clue about his genetics)

http://www.bebo.com/PhotoAlbumBig.jsp?MemberId=7329993&PhotoAlbumId=4703956160&PhotoId=4717645729

Last but not least - Juliet - Female - either anery or ghost.

http://www.bebo.com/PhotoAlbumBig.jsp?MemberId=7329993&PhotoAlbumId=4703956160&PhotoId=4717645807

Even the reptile expert wasn't sure about Juliet. He has confirmed that she is gravid though. Not long to go before I should have eggs. It will be interesting to see the hatchlings since she was bred with Romeo.

Also, i know most of you disagree with Rose being amel but, as i said, a reptile expert has confirmed it, plus, the guy who owns my local pet shop is selling a male who looks identical as amel.

thanks to everyone who gave suggestions.

Jenn

xx

B-but....an amel just doesn't look like that. I'm sorry if whoever is selling them wants to make more money by calling them something they're not...but that's just not an amel snake. And it's got black eyes, amels do NOT have black eyes.

http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&q=amel+corn+snake&gbv=2

Just a quick search of google renders all amel corns on the first page except for the ones that are rat snakes, african house snakes, or an oketee snake which is properly labeled.

I'm not a reptile expert and I'm definitely not a cornsnake morph expert, but...lol at your expert dubbing that snake an Amel.

Waldo might be correct in calling it an Okeetee, though I don't think the orange outside the saddles is rich enough for an Okeetee. But, it's that or possibly a classic. No way it's an Amel though.

Tootse (the snake in my avatar) is an Amel. See the difference?

Like I told you last time... THIS is an Amel. = with out black pigment :cheers:

IMG_3476.jpg

IMG_3466.jpg

IMG_3467.jpg

Not trying to be rude... but your expert... may want to invest in a few books.
http://serpwidgets.com/Morphs/Colors/colors.html#Amel
Read this link and you will clearly see that your "expert" is incorrect, and see any breeder website and view their Amels for sale, you will see that you have, a nice looking Normal, NOT an Amel. :wavey:

Ditto with Lore, I wouldn't take too much advice from that expert! Just to affirm here are two amels. no black!!

Attachments

• dorothy 61006.jpg
    dorothy 61006.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 156
  • OZ new digs.jpg
    OZ new digs.jpg
    170.1 KB · Views: 157
Just to make a little clearer a quote from MoReptiles and about another dozen if you google AMELANISTIC.
Amelanistic or red albino corn snakes are a common pattern corn snake that has the amelanistic genetic trait, meaning that the black pigment is missing. This leaves only shades of red, orange, yellow, and white. Amelanistic corn snakes come in a variety of different colors, and patterns. again tis is a quote from MoReptiles. susan

Very nice looking group of snakes Jenn. I especially like Juliet. Very nice coloring on her....although I agree - she could go either way - either a very light anery or a slightly darker ghost. And gravid to boot!

And Rose is definately not an Amel. It took me a while to get the hang of all the morphs out there, but Amel is fairly easy to distinguish as they lack any black pigment at all. That is the base definition of Amelanistic - lacking of black pigmentation. Rose to me appears to be either a very nice looking normal, possibly bordering on an Okeetee phase type.

Romeo just screams Bairdi (ratsnake) cross to me. He has that glowing ember look.

I like Juliet the best, though.

Nanci

Rose, to me, just looks like a solid looking normal to me. She's got the deep coloring that a lot of adult normal corns have, that I've seen. :)

Nice looking snakes, but Satan will be skating to work and I swinging from the rafters by a noose the day that is an Amel...Normal, without a shadow of a doubt. Get a new 'Expert'...Still a lovely animal though. :)

I'm not an expert at ALL on morphs or hets, etc.... I havent the slightest clue on hets, actually...

But could there be a chance that Rose is HET for amel, or something?? Could that be what's causing the confusion?

Even if she was het amel its not some thing you would visibly be able to see. She is a gorgeous snake, just what I would want in a normal.

blueapplepaste said:
As others have said; definately not an amel. And I think Juliet is a ghost. I've never seen an anery that was that light.

I agree about Juliet being a Ghost. A Beautiful one at that. :cool:

Sorry but, no chance Rose is an Amel. I would say deffitnally get a new reptile expert and I would also say she is a very pretty normal like someone said her orange dosent look rich enough to be an Okeetee.

I would deffitnally say that Juilet is a ghost. Not an Anery.

They are all really beautiful though.

Hey Jenn & welcome!

I love the names you picked out!! :)

Susan~ love your setup...very pretty.

Lore~ what a beauty!!

Back