• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Big Moose: 2013 Amel Tessera

Nanci

Alien Lover
This baby is the ONLY one who would cooperate for pics! He's the son of Firefly, Red Tessera het Cayenne Fire x Petunia, Peppermint. The clutch belongs to Carol, but I'd asked if I could keep a female Amel Tessera. Unfortunately, there were two, but one ended up being male on the second popping. Still- I REALLY love this baby, although he's a boy. I can just go in a different direction with breeding plans. So- not for sure, but Big Moose _may_ be a keeper...

Attachments

• Petunia Baby K-3-2.jpg
    Petunia Baby K-3-2.jpg
    268.9 KB · Views: 199
Things are going well- I'll add in a little shell!!

Attachments

• Petunia Baby K-10.jpg
    Petunia Baby K-10.jpg
    229.9 KB · Views: 199
  • Petunia Baby K-13.jpg
    Petunia Baby K-13.jpg
    274.3 KB · Views: 202
Things are going exceptionally well, and I have 50 shell photos to choose from, so it's time for a trip to the Water Garden! Which has a resident Giant Bullfrog, who vanished the minute I walked up. I used a huge water lettuce as the back drop, figuring the baby would be safe from any fish or frog seeing him, plus, I'm just inches away, and I'd made enough commotion positioning the water lettuce that I was sure Mr. Bullfrog was deeply buried in the depths of the pond...

Thanks for looking!!

Attachments

• Petunia Baby K-14.jpg
    Petunia Baby K-14.jpg
    222.8 KB · Views: 191
  • Petunia Baby K-15.jpg
    Petunia Baby K-15.jpg
    228.8 KB · Views: 193
Wow, you were right, way different than my amel tessera. He looks to have no Orange or yellow so would you consider him candy cane tessera?

Well, if you DO keep him, I'll subscribe to all his photo threads!!! He's a real stunner! :cool:

Wow, you were right, way different than my amel tessera. He looks to have no Orange or yellow so would you consider him candy cane tessera?

I thought the very same thing...

I would not consider him a candy cane. I described his coloration in Tessera Club as accurately as. I can, as I see it. He's a good start in that direction, though. And he has 3.1 siblings going to Carol! And two AMAZING amel brothers!

I would not consider him a candy cane. I described his coloration in Tessera Club as accurately as. I can, as I see it. He's a good start in that direction, though. And he has 3.1 siblings going to Carol! And two AMAZING amel brothers!

That sounds fair enough to me! I was just curious. I haven't caught up on the Tessera Club thread yet, either.

Also, if he's not "good enough" (don't take that the wrong way, because he's certainly amazing!!) to be a candy cane... HOLY CRAP there are going to be some awesome Tessera candy canes in the future. ;)

Thanks for clarifying!

Great looking amel tess! Even the perfectly striped ones are are as individual as fingerprints.

They are! The female has a perfect stripe, with one little square missing in the very center. Another male has a perfect heart on his head. And of course the sides are all different. With the normals, it's VERY obvious. And the bellies are different, too.

Omg that very first photo is BEAUTIFUL- I mean, they're all stunning, just that first one really gets you lol I absolutely am in love with everything about that coloring!

There is a current photo of Big Moose in the Tessera Club thread, in Photo Gallery. He's huge now!

Back