• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

BITTEN!

Ginafish

Erotic Bagle
Yesterday I attended the annual Wasatch Reptile Expo down in Salt Lake City, and I gravitated toward LLL Reptiles' booth, which I must say had a lovely variety of reptiles, whereupon I spotted a two-year-old male coastal rosy boa. Now, being interested in rosies for quite a while now, I had been considering purchasing one and was hoping to possibly find one at the show, so I asked if I could hold the little fella.

The gentleman working the table obliged, handing me the tupperware with the rosy in it, but mentioned he was a bit skittish and could be aggressive. For some reason, this did not deter me from wanting to hold the squishy little snake, and so I opened up the container and lifted him out. He was constricting my hand for a short minute but calmed down thereafter, and I asked a few questions about his feeding schedule, the size of mice he was on, about his sheds, etc. and finally went to set him back into his container when he coiled around my one hand tightly yet again, and as I went to uncoil him starting with his tail, he turned around and tagged my right hand!

At first it didn't feel like much, seeing as how rosies have such small teeth, but when he really got a good bite in mostly all I felt was an immense pressure, which was shocking coming from such a small creature. Anyway, he was latched on fairly tight and I noticed my hand starting to bleed a little, and calmly asked if the gentleman would help unlatch the rosy; he put one hand on the snake's head, said, "This might hurt for a second." and proceeded to simply pull the snake's head backward from my hand, whereupon the teeth (being recurved, haha) tore skin and made the bleeding worse.

Finally, we set the little rosy back in his container and I stared at him a bit longer, laughing to myself about the bite and how a few people were freaking out about it. Though I'm sure some might like a challenging snake like that one, I myself was in the market for a more mellow fellow, and so thanked them and was on my way to another booth. Regardless, I probably should've heeded the warning about this rosy when the guy told me, but sometimes I'm just silly like that. :D

Here are some shots of my first ever snake bite!

eep.jpg

ow.jpg

Cool! When I was handling Noah at Daytona before I bought him, the guy told me repeatedly that he was likely to bite. (Just a Rosy thing I guess- they are so hungry!) He never did, and I had him out a _long_ time, both days. Got him home, he's never bitten me EXCEPT on feeding day, he blindly strikes at anything once he smells the mouse, and he's gotten me once, and come close several times! After he went Jaws on me the first time, I was afraid he'd always bite, but on non-feeding days, he's never shown the slightest interest.

So, will you be getting one? It took me about a year from when I was first infected by a Rosy at a show, by some guy forcing a squishy beautiful adult into my arms, till I broke down and bought one, even though I'd vowed to only buy corns ever again.

I thought for a moment that yoiu were talking about the show on Discovery.. A friend of mine made an appaearence on that show when he was bite by a stilletto snake, he lost part of his thumb due to the bite..

Nothing serious and welcome to the world of Bitten..

Regards.. Tim of T and J

I thought for a moment that yoiu were talking about the show on Discovery.. A friend of mine made an appaearence on that show when he was bite by a stilletto snake, he lost part of his thumb due to the bite..

Was that the guy who had his thumb stitched to his crotch??? If so I have seen that episode like 4 times!

Back