• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Boyd Line terrazzo

ghosthousecorns

Hatched this girl last year, here are a few photos of her. The parents are rosy rats het terrazzo from the "original granite" or Boyd line. They were first sold by SMR. I was able to trace their origin by talking to previous owners. There are few terrazzo out there from this line, most of the ones you see are from the JMG line. I really like these snakes and even the non terrazzo siblings have a unique look to them. I thought I would post some progression shots on this girl. First pic as a hatchling, next about 6 months ago and last pics are most recent. She is starting to get some grey undertones.

Attachments

• Boyd terrazzo hatch.jpg
    Boyd terrazzo hatch.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 86
  • Bord Terrazzo yearling.jpg
    Bord Terrazzo yearling.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 86
  • Bord Terrazzo juvie.jpg
    Bord Terrazzo juvie.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 86
  • Bord Terrazzo juvie1.jpg
    Bord Terrazzo juvie1.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 86
They're neat. Being able to trace their lineage would make them a great locality project paired with a nice normal from that area :)

It's hard to find other snakes from the same line to outcross mine. I have this snake, 2 of her brothers, a sister, and the mom. My original male passed away but I bred one of the brothers to this snake back to the mom and he also was het terrazzo so I produced 4 more of them this year and also a bunch of poss het rosy rat siblings.
It seems like there is more interest in crossing terrazzo with every other morph than there is in preserving the locality. If I knew of anyone offering Big Pine rosy rats or other terrazzo from the Boyd line I would most certainly be interested in a trade or purchase.
I will try to get some new pics of the 4 baby terrazzos I hatched this year and post them. I have hatchling photos but most of them were in blue.

we have here in Germany a few breeders with Rosacea / Terrazzo from the big pine line. I myself have for years breeded with them in line.
I have a Rosacea het. Terrazzo Male (big pine locality) for you if you want.
If you search a terrazzo (big pine localitys) than contact holger euchler from http://www.he-kornnatter.de

I self breed in this time more terrazzo color variations

Wow mactopa I checked out rosy rats on that site and they look JUST like mine.
If only you were not all the way in Germany so we could collaborate more easily. I'd love to increase the gene pool on mine as all my animals come from one SMR pair. I had originally first purchased a poss het pair of 2011 rosy rats, then the parents to those snakes became available. I bought and bred this adult pair to produce the snake pictured in this thread. Held her and a poss het brother back, my first male died but by then his '11 son was a 2 year old so I bred him back to the female this year and he proved also het terrazzo. I still have quite a few 2013 rosy rats left from that pairing but have not seen much interest in them.

Back