• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Bulk hatchling hides

I'm trying to get some ideas on hides for freshly hatched babies.

Last year I was using toilet paper tubes cut in half lengthwise, but obviously they didn't last long, with poop and whatnot :p

Any ideas on what to use for hides? Preferable re-useable, and dishwasher safe, but that's probably wishful thinking.

I think I'll need about 100?

What about those tiny terra cotta pots for crafting that have a single hole in the bottom (top when upside down)? They would be about 2 to 3" at a guess. I have never had a hatchling so I don't know if a hatchling would use a top hole the way an adult will.

I use dark plastic costco salad container bottoms or cheap small aluminum foil pans you can buy in bulk. I find with aspen bedding they have no problems getting under them, so no holes to cut. Both materials clean easy.

Katia, I have a resource to get mini PVC hides, I wanted to get some too, let me know and I can check into the cost if we do a bulk order!

I use the Chinese takeout boxes for my Carpet Python babies. They have the tiny size that would probably work for Cornsnake babies.

I get them from a restaurant supply store, Cash N Carry

Back