• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Butter Beans

Lucille

Lima beans are basicly evil. They come frozen in little square packages and you boil them and then holler at your kids because they are not eating them when secretly you realize that your kids have good sense and even though you spent money on them they are not fit to eat.

Butter beans are from the same family but are wonderful, tasty mottled tan and brown. They've been food for poor Southern folks forever, and a best-kept secret. I've been cooking butter beans together with Italian sausage all morning and the beans are now tender, flavorful, and yummy.

I guess people are a little like beans, even if they are from the same family, one might be not very terrific and another might beckon with their humble wonderfullness.

Lucille....are you sniffing a little too much of that wallpaper glue this morning, sweetie? :sidestep:

;) xo

Butter beans are wonderful. Lima beans are not. Amazing how closely related species (?morphs) can be so different.

When I was a kid, I used to fill up my mouth with lima beans and then spit them in the toilet. Now I like them. Maybe I just like the butter!!

When I was a kid, I used to fill up my mouth with lima beans and then spit them in the toilet. Now I like them. Maybe I just like the butter!!

LOL! I used to drop them on the floor hoping the dog would eat them.
She didn't.
I used to get into a lot of trouble.

Last edited:
I hate limas and they are banned from my house- but butter beans are yummy:)

and Lucille if cs.com had a contest for the most random threads you'd win by a mile,lol

You're right Lucillle people are like beans! Most beans are great, I like to at least try them. If I have some that don't taste right to me I just won't have them again.

When I was younger, my mom used to have these potted plants that sat by our kitchen table. I'd wait until she wasn't paying attention, scoop a tiny hole - drop a few spoonfuls in (this applied to peas, also) and bury them.

I honestly haven't tried them since then; and I was around five or six.

and Lucille if cs.com had a contest for the most random threads you'd win by a mile,lol

Yeah I wonder from time to time, if that's OK. I spose if everyone wants me to be more on topic, they'd ask. Or is that what you're doing?

I can"t STAND lima beans. The taste, the texture. There isn't anything good about them!
I've never had butter beans, but if they are anything like limas I'll have to pass on them.

Back