• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Can anybody nail this morph?

sprdonkey

..with hatchlings blessed
Her head, is totally grey, then at the neck, sharply lookes like a choco. chip cookie. No red, all brown and brown, isn't very photogenic, with or without flash she comes out looking yellow...Looked like a little anery when we bought her...but with a grey head...whats up with that...no line on her belly at all, just black and chocolate brown checks.

Attachments

• Cookie 1.jpg
    Cookie 1.jpg
    275.5 KB · Views: 147
  • Cookie 2.jpg
    Cookie 2.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 147
Well she looks to me (Mainly from the last pic) like a normal, or possibly an Okeetee (Fairly thick borders), as she's getting some orange colouring between the saddles.

She's definitely NOT anerythristic. Anery snakes have no orange or red pigments.

Looks like a classic/normal from the picture...possibly okkeetee, hard to tell. The borders look nice and thick, but it's fairly hard to see from the pictures.

yep, I vote classic.

I won't guess as to weather it's okeetee or not, but okeetee is a varation of classic, bred for a certian look. Or from the okeetee area, depending on who you ask. And anery means no red or orange, an animal can't be 'a little anery'. It either is or isn't. Or het anery, but that only means it could have anery kids, not how it looks. There is no way to tell if your little guy is het anery by looking at him, really he could be het anything.
Confusing yet? : p

It's already so orange! I'm sure your little snake will be very pretty when grown up.

IMO-the snake will gradually gain more color as it ages to become a really nice normal. Take pics as it ages and date them. That's the best way to see its progress.

Thank you

I'm kind of hoping Okeetee, that thought had crossed my mind, she's promising to have very mellow coloration. Her head pattern IS pretty neat. I love the way it just scoops around at the jawline. Thanks everybody.

"Hoping" for an "okeetee" is not quite going to work...it either has "the look" or is "the locality" or it isn't an Okeetee. Do a search in the picture forums for "Okeetee", and you'll see what one looks like, both hatchling AND adult.

It's all about the thickness of the black borders on the saddles and the brightness/purity of the colors...bright orange ground color with deep red saddles, and VERY minimal "melanin wash" to obscure the purity and brightness.

If the borders on the saddles of your snake are not thick enough to be called an Okeetee Phase NOW...they won't ever be...Sorry.

But rest assured that you have a gorgeous little "Classic Corn Snake"...or "normal", which sounds MUCH more boring, IMO :D...

Chris rambled on with the following..

It's all about the thickness of the black borders on the saddles and the brightness/purity of the colors...bright orange ground color with deep red saddles, and VERY minimal "melanin wash" to obscure the purity and brightness.

Locality, locality locality.. The borders have something to do with it.. How ever the most choice specimins are often bright orange with heavy black borders for the red saddles.. Many times that has came down to being a selective breed trait, but this is not always the best way of knowing you have an okeetee or not.. This is a debate that has gone on for years, and yeah, I had a debate about this a few years ago.. Course until MegF put me in line.. *lol* Darn little fire crackers!

Regards.. Tim of T and J

TandJ said:
Locality, locality locality.. The borders have something to do with it.. How ever the most choice specimins are often bright orange with heavy black borders for the red saddles.. Many times that has came down to being a selective breed trait, but this is not always the best way of knowing you have an okeetee or not.. This is a debate that has gone on for years, and yeah, I had a debate about this a few years ago.. Course until MegF put me in line.. *lol* Darn little fire crackers!

Regards.. Tim of T and J
Yea...I was trying to minimize the confusion associated with "locality" vs. "phase". I mean...obviously there is a distinct seperation between the two...is it a line bred okeetee with no locality heritage? Is it a locality Okeetee that is lacking the line-bred "look"... is it line-bred from locality parentage...:shrugs:

I am new enough to the hobby to accept both as "okeetee"...to me there is the "okeetee phase"(I've heard the phrase "lookeetee") and an "Okeetee". Obviously...locality cannot be judged based on the look. And oftentimes, the line-bred, non-locality specimens have a cleaner look to them.

But all of that gets so confusing when you can hardly tell the difference between an anery and a normal...

Back