• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Captive Audience

2ndChildhood

Introducing my '08 Savu Python, Slade
doing his handcuff impression.

Thanks for looking!

Attachments

• Slade Cuffs.jpg
    Slade Cuffs.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 64
I love when they do that! And aww, what a pretty boy he is. I've never heard of one. How big do they get?

They are a sub-species of the Macklott's Python, but they are found in the wild only on Savu Island, similar coloring but have white eyes. I keep finding conflicting information, but they are listed as anywhere in the 3' to 6' range as adults. He's just about 3' right now (bit of a picky eater)

He is named after Sam Elliott's character Carter Slade from the Ghost Rider movie.

He is just so beautiful! I had an opportunity to purchase a Macklott's once, and I passed it up. I've never seen another one. And I've NEVER seen or heard of a Savu, so thanks for posting that photo. I'm assuming you got him from a breeder or did you see him at a show?

Beautiful snake! Hope we get to see more pics. I also have never heard of a Savu, Thanks for sharing him with us.

He is named after Sam Elliott's character Carter Slade from the Ghost Rider movie.

haha, funny. I thought he was named after a comic book character, but a different Slade (Deathstroke, from DC)

I've never heard of a Savu either, man, he sure is pretty.

I got him from a local reptile specialty shop (before I was fully aware of the benefits of getting from breeders). He is captive born out of Florida, but I couldn't get specific breeder information. There are a few around, but my understanding is they only lay small clutches so they aren't seen as often as the other Liasis. You can also search Liasis Savuensis or Liasis Mackloti Savuensis if you are looking for breeders or more information.

I'll have to see about more picts, the only reason he sat still for this photo is that he's in shed and not happy about being held. Normally he's very curious and active, so photographs like a brown & white blur.

Back