• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

caramel bloodred?

Elaphe_Mo

just wondering if anybody out there has such a beast yet, or what it might look like? I am thinking about my purchases for the year and it occured to me that this could be a really interesting animal...

Blood clot corns?

I believe at least 3 or 4 people that I know of are working on it. I think RichZ and Daniel are two of them on this forum that at least have the F1s.

It will be neat if they have tons of yellow. :)

I had a Caramel Blood Red hatch out year before last, but it wasn't a survivor. I'm having fertility problems in that group, so I may have to start all over again. We'll see how this year goes, I guess.

I'm not sure what to think about how something like a Caramel Blood Red will look as an adult. Certainly it will need a new name, but when I think about it's likely appearance, the names that pop up into my head are not at all attractive from a marketing standpoint. Here are a few names that I have come up with:

Dried Blood Corn
Blood Clot Corn
Mud Corn

See what I mean? :rolleyes:

ok, this is a f1 from breeding amber to a blood red:
some of them are really light colored...but all of them didn´t show more red than normals!

Attachments

• ab.jpg
    ab.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 203
and I thought that I shoud make to lines...you never know, and bred a caramel to a blood red. I used a really ugly (I know they can´t be ugly) and dark caramel and a really ugly and dark blood red to make some ugly caraml blood red :)
I don´t know why...they f1 didn´t look that dark and ugly...maybe this needs a few years???

Attachments

• cb.jpg
    cb.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 198
Pewter,
that above pic is a caramel blood red?

I thought that it would look somewhat differently......as rich said.....Mud Corn, Blood Clot Corn, or Dried Blood Corn....
I would think that it looks much darker and more brownish.......
but of course time will show what happens to the caramel blood. Maybe the colors will turn out really nice when it reaches adulthood.

Good luck and Happy Herping!:)

no, these are all just f1, they are normals/amels het. for caramelbloodred...
Of course we can not say how they will look like but I would think they look nearly like a caramel/butter motley???

Questions

Did they have patternless bellies? How old are the ones in the pics? And as always, great pics!

they are 01...
here are the bellies:
caramel x blood red
voutcrossed01.JPG

amber x blood red
voutcrossed02.JPG
vamoutcrossed01.JPG

thanks

thanks so much for the info and the pics. I really can't wait to see what these guys look like as adults!

hmmm...you mean the f1???
I´m more interested in the f2 :)
I have 7 het. females ... hope this is enough to get some caramelblood red!

I'm taking a guess that it involves glass of some sort and a camera below?

Anyway, Those pics are fantastic. Thanks for the info too. Very informative.

-Kev

daniel

EXCELLENT!! THANK YOU! You are my corn photographer God!!
Seriously, many thanks that could not have been more helpful!

the F1s are interesting but of course the F2s will be the big deal. I can't wait! Also thanks for the photography help. Someday I will get a digicam or sit down with the scanner...

Back