• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Cinder combos and line breeding

adsclarke

UK Corn Enthusiast
Hi all,

We're deep in the middle of breeding season here which means we struggle to keep up to date on photos etc :(
Here is a bit of an update on the Cinder projects we have been working on over the last few years.

Diffused Cinder - We are really pleased with this one, the lateral diffusion is better than any of the Diffused Cinder we have produced before and we're really pleased to see it is possible to get them like this.
DSC_8420.jpg

Amel Cinder - We have been working on getting brighter pink Amel Cinder and will be line breeding for colour over the next couple of years. We're hoping that we can improve on the colour and contrast. Here is one of the project corns from this year:
AmelCinder12.jpg

Lava Cinder - We have two distinct lines of cinder. One which is more silver, has dark borders and high contrast reds in the saddles and one which is more tan and coffee colour with more subtle reds and less saddle borders. They are very different to each other but both interesting in their own way. We will continue to line breed for these traits over the next couple of years as well.
The Lava cinder animals we have produced come from these two different lines.
Last year - from the more subtle line:
LavaCinder1-1.jpg

This year - from the more high contrast line:
DSC_8444.jpg

DSC_8445.jpg

Cinder is really something special for us and is probably the main focus of our line breeding projects :)

Cheers
Ads

Nice! That is the nicest cinder blood I've ever seen!!! By a mile.

I'm hoping to start a cinder lava project. It's nice to see the two variations. Can't say which I prefer, really!

Amazing animals those two lava cinders really are quite different both look great tho, and nice cinder blood they sure come out dark but I am sure it will age even better and bloodred will bring the most out of it

Cheers all,

It is going to be really interesting to see how that last Lava Cinder turns out after the next couple of sheds.

Ads

Back