• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

CKC Squamates' 2016 Pairings

HerpsOfNM

My name's Blurryface...
To start, you might be asking who CKC Squamates is? Well, it's me, but it's also my wife. I'll save the long history of us, but I will say our first date was at a Starbucks in 2007 and me nervously rambling about leopard gecko genetics. Needless to say, I had my wife at Punent Square. :puke01: isn't it?!

Anyhow, this thread is about to start growing as that time of year is beginning to manifest itself for us after having taken 2015 off from pairing anything, save some day geckos that couldn't keep it in their pants.

First up is kind of what started all this with my wife and I, some genetics fun!

This first clutch is from:
Moose X Pinkie
  • Paired: 21 May 2016
  • Eggs Laid: 19 June 2016
  • Total Eggs: n=11
  • Fertile Eggs: n=11
  • First Pip: 19 Aug 2016
  • Double Clutched: 18 Aug, 7 eggs, 1 fertile, was not re-paired to trigger double clutch
Moose:
  • Produced By: Steve Roylance 2013
  • Sex: male
  • Phenotype: Anerythristic Type A Tessera
  • Genotype - Known Hets: Lava
  • Genotype - Possible Hets: Albino & Stripe

AneryTess-10-3-2015-lg by Chris Cirrincione, on Flickr

Pinkie:
  • Produced By: Unknown, purchased from PetSmart Store 0173, Albuquerque, NM in 2013
  • Sex: female
  • Phenotype: Snow Motley
  • Genotype - Known Hets: Unknown
  • Genotype - Possible Hets: Unknown

Pinkie-10-3-2015-lg by Chris Cirrincione, on Flickr

Moose x Pinkie - albino proven out

I did this pairing in hopes of proving out Moose's ph of albino and stripe. I figured worst case I produce aneries and anery tesseras, best case I hit snow tessera, anery motley/stripe tessera, or snow motley/stripe tessera.

I'll let these photos tell the story. I also tried a "black" poster board background from Wal-Mart. It's more charcoal than it is black. This was in hopes of being able to get...

CC16-MPAn-001-8-21-2016 by Chris Cirrincione, on Flickr

CC16-MPAnT-002-8-21-2016 by Chris Cirrincione, on Flickr

...to get better color accuracy of, well white snakes!

CC16-MPSn-003-8-21-2016 by Chris Cirrincione, on Flickr

CC16-MPSnT-006-8-21-2016 by Chris Cirrincione, on Flickr

Stripe hasn't proven out yet, but I still have 2 more babies sitting in egg. The other 5 not photographed are 1 anery, 1 anery tessera, 2 snows, and 1 snow tessera. The 2 little egg loiterers are at least snow based on noses poking out. I'm super stoked about hitting snow as snow was my first ever corn mutation I kept and I just absolutely love the dihybrid mutation. I was so stoked, I bombarded Mr. Ugly-Overpriced-Cornsnakes Roylance with texts yesterday. Bombarded is too strong, bugged...bugged him yeah!

And now I'm off to go feed all my worms.

LOL
Nice babies!
I hope the stripe proves out!

Thanks, I'm lovin' 'em. I'm hoping so too, but it's not looking like it. I forgot how much a PITA it is to look for belly checkers on recently hatched snows. You can definitely tell the motley influence, but so far everyone's "normal".

OMG. They're amazing.

Thanks. I have photos of everyone except hatchlings 8-11. 11 was still "on the playground" where it's "spent most of its days, Chillin' out maxin' relaxin' all cool". I went Fresh Price there....

Unfortunately I've spent most of today painting the last bit of untouched walls in the house. I'm not super pleased with this new background, rather low quality in it's not uniformly colored (all the fine white speckling on it) and is definitely not black. School also just resumed out here today (nevermind that it's been raining and moron drivers will be out on top of moronic school drivers), otherwise I'd run out to Hobby Lobby to check their assortment of poster board and foam core colors. What I need to do is possibly find my WhiBal cards and take one with me in hopes of matching the neutral gray of the card. That would allow me to get nice, accurate color representation.

As a side note, weight range at time of separating into their own cages is 6.9-7.6g, with a clutch average of 7.363636g

Last edited:
Pairing #2: Casper X Blush

So...if Pairing #1's clutch is any type of timeline benchmark, then I should have Pairing #2's eggs starting to pip in a few days.

Pairing #2 is an exploratory clutch (again...SPOILER: this will also be a recurring theme). Blush (below) was given to me in 2012 as roughly a yearling, with no details behind her other than she came from a local mom&pop pet store back when I lived in NM. Digging around my images, apparently I only have a photo from her back in 2013 when she was still small. I'll get an updated photo to edit into here.

This pairing is to check Blush for hypo or stripe genes since Casper is a ghost. My sample set is small though as this was both her and Casper's first time doing the bow chicka bow wow. Depending on hatching outcome and resultant sex ratios, most or all may end up as holdbacks to try to figure out Casper's sexy orange markings he's got go'n on. Again, dependent of clutch results, I may repeat this pairing next season, especially if we have an actual winter this year. I suspect fertility issues due to the hot fall and warm winter for 2015/2016.

Casper X Blush
  • Paired: 16 May 2016, lock-up observed
  • Eggs Laid: 25-27 June 2016, Blush took 3 days to lay :( )
  • Fertile Eggs: n=5
  • First Pip: 21 Aug 2016...manually pipped a lone dented egg, egg dented on 16 Aug, embryo still viable as of 22 Aug!
  • Double Clutched: 23 Aug, Casper not re-paired with her, 5 eggs, 3 fertile.
Casper:
  • Produced By: Steve Roylance 2012/2013 (I think he was either a Dec or Jan baby...Steve and his crazy seasons!)
  • Phenotype: Anerythristic Type A, Hypomelanistic, & Stripe...and something orange going on?!
  • Genotype - Known Hets: n/a
  • Genotype - Possible Hets: Sunkissed (gazer free)

Casper-7-19-2016 by Chris Cirrincione, on Flickr

Blush:
  • Produced By: Unknown, given by co-worker from a mutual acquaintance that had passed, I believe purchased from Clark's Pet Emporium, Albuquerque, NM in 2012 or 2013.
  • Phenotype: Anerythristic Type A
  • Genotype - Possible Hets: Unknown

Blush-8-24-2016 by Chris Cirrincione, on Flickr

Last edited:
Pairing #3: Thor X Sterling

This pairing is going to be genetic fun and I'm extremely excited for whatever slithers out of the eggs! My brain hurts just thinking of the potential combos if a number of possible hets prove out.

That spoiler theme here is again exploration! Flicker, sire to Thor, proved out to be het hypo, making him a quad-het (tessera het albino, caramel, hypo, stripe), back in 2014 when paired to a granite (anery a + bloodred/diffused) I obtained with Blush.

The details:
Thor X Sterling
  • Paired: 19 May 2016, left overnight, no observed lock-up, Thor was only male paired to Sterling
  • Eggs Laid: 01 July 2016
  • Fertile Eggs: n=11
  • First Pip: n/a - 60 day make is 30 Aug...
  • Double Clutched: n/a
Thor:
  • Produced By: Chris Cirrincione (HerpsOfNM / CKC Squamates)
  • Phenotype: Caramel Tessera
  • Genotype - Known Hets: Albino & Stripe
  • Genotype - Possible Hets: Hypo

Thor-7-19-2016-lg by Chris Cirrincione, on Flickr

Sterling:
  • Produced By: Steve Roylance in 2013
  • Phenotype: Pewter (Anerythristic Type B aka Charcoal + Diffused), or Caramel Pewter...Steve and I uncertain, if not homozygous for caramel, she's at least poss. het.
  • Genotype - Possible Hets: Hypo & Stripe

Sterling-9-12-2014-lg by Chris Cirrincione, on Flickr

Flicker X Mrs. Butters

Things are ramping up to be super exciting for me in the incubator. Pics if I have the time tomorrow.

But I leave with this poor iPhone 5C photo.

From Flicker X Mrs. Butters (aka Chiquita), I finally hit what I hoped for in 2013 & 2014, and longed to do in 2015 but opted to take that year off from breeding anything due to life.

It took 30 eggs (2013=3, 2014=14, 2016=13) and the first baby from this clutch was...butter stripe tessera! 1st butter tessera for this pairing.

Edit: Apparently this pairing produces striped tesseras that trigger a more "vanishing stripe" pattern, based upon a caramel striped tessera and striped tessera I produced in 2014. Don Soderberg recently revisited this on Snake of the Day 08-26-16a, ironically with butter stripe tesseras! Would have been nice to have produced at least a butter tessera back in 2013, but Thor a 2013 caramel tessera isn't anything to complain about. I'm pretty certain he just proved het hypo, but only certain via a nose sticking out....(see pairing above)

Attachments

• ClutchPile-8-31-2016.jpg
    ClutchPile-8-31-2016.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:
Back