• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

classic hypo

sprdonkey

..with hatchlings blessed
I pulled this male as a neonate out from under a pile of RO's at a local pet store, he was hatched by checker belly farms. He sort of put me in the mind of rootbeer floats back then but as you can see he became a lot easier on the eyes...as he got older I noticed that his borders were'nt black at all but a deep brown...am I right?

Attachments

• Vulcan 1.jpg
    Vulcan 1.jpg
    189.3 KB · Views: 82
I am NOT good at this, and this is purely out of curiosity more than an opinion, but...

That particualr snake doesn't appear to be hypo to me. There is still too much black, as far as I can tell. BUT, I have heard rumours that some reverse okeetee lines MAY have been bred with creamsicles to help achieve that extreme high white saddle border.

With that said, and looking at your photo, that snake does not look to have "typical" corn coloration, even given the large degree of variability within the morph "classic".

Combining those two ideas, I am forced to question the purity of that snake. It COULD be a possibility that what you saw in the store was a clutch of creamsicles and rootbeers, rather than "true" reverse okeetees and classics.

I am NOT calling your snake a hybrid. I fully and complete admit that I have only a semblence of a clue as to what I am talking about, and I mean, really...VERY little information. BUT, with all the discussions recently, I am forced to ask the question of myself, and therefor I am posing it to you for your consideration. Do with it what you will...

I hadn't thought of that...

To be honest I hadn't thought of that. The literal definition of hypo is reduced black, he does have a little black around some of his borders but you are right about the coloration...he baffles me. I have the buisiness card for checker belly farms, I was told that they specialized in okeetee phase snakes. The amels were all bigger than he, some I had looked at before, older corns there for too long because they were way overpriced at retail level. I think I'm going to call the breeder though because now you've got me curious...maybe I can find a better pic of him

Here are two more for comparisons sake

You really think that he might be a hybrid? He is almost an adult and all he does is get brighter (more oarnge) every shed

Attachments

• Picture 001_600x400.jpg
    Picture 001_600x400.jpg
    178.2 KB · Views: 63
  • Picture 003_600x400.jpg
    Picture 003_600x400.jpg
    159.9 KB · Views: 63
I have no idea. The newest picture doesn't look like it, but the brownish color in the first couple of pics struck me as odd.

But remember...I am NOT very good at visually identifying anything other than the most common of morphs. I could be WAY off base.

If you can call the breeder, I would do so, just out of curiosity...

I agree with Tula, I have a hypo and the saddles on your snake are just too dark and the outlines are too dark for him to be a hypo. Beautiful snake and I hope that orange background keeps getting brighter like you said. He's going to be a beautiful snake!! :cheers:

Wow, I looked at that picture of your hypo Tula and my hypo has those exact same hourglass saddles. Pretty snake!

The first pic looks exactly like a normal in blue, and the later one looks like a recently shed normal. It has an average amount of black bordering on the saddles: more than some, less than others. I don't see anything that suggests emoryi heritage. Nice snake. :)

:-offtopic BTW I posted a couple more pics from my last herp trip Roy. I know you liked the copperhead from my last trip, and there was another really pretty one on the road the other night. Just spreadin the word...

Back