• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

cool side temp

nellyp

the cool side temp is at the moment 66.0 the warm side is 85.3 this is thermostat controlled - temps measured with digital thermometers , is the cool side too low , if it is would it be better to heat cool side to bout 75 regulated by thermostat

Personally I think the cool side floor temp is less important than the warm side. As it sounds like the warm side is absolutely spot on, then you're good as you are. I'm in the UK and I don't switch the heating on until December, so I'm sure the cool side floors in my vivs get lower than that and my bunch are doing well on it.

Personally I think the cool side floor temp is less important than the warm side. As it sounds like the warm side is absolutely spot on, then you're good as you are. I'm in the UK and I don't switch the heating on until December, so I'm sure the cool side floors in my vivs get lower than that and my bunch are doing well on it.

thanks for that , wow u dont switch heating on till December, is there a hot spot in the uk i dont know bout ha ha

Nope, just one which can't afford more than three months of heating bills per year, at the moment! The way I see it, I put on an extra jumper for a few weeks and it makes the cost of feeding my snakes less of an issue :)

Mine are in a warmer room (three dragon tanks will raise the temps considerably) and my cool side only gets 74 or so at the lowest. I do wish it were a little lower as they all stay in their cool hides unless digesting, but my partner refuses to allow any of the snakes to be housed outside of that room. :laugh:

Back