• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

corn snake wanted in arizona

I have a few babies left. You can email me at [email protected] for some photos. I am on the far east side of Phoenix (Apache Junction). I see you are near Safford. Not sure that you will find any corn snakes available in that area. But maybe you get over to the Phoenix area from time to time?

Sorry to hear this happened again. What happened to your corns, A/O?

it kept regurgitating because the mice my grandparents boughr it were too big or at least thats my theory, that coupled with the fact that i havnt had enough substrate to clean out her 40 gallon breeder tank...

I don't mean to be critical, but these are hardly little creatures if just a few basic needs are met, and you've lost two in a row. I would save for a while and get a smaller enclose, proper heat, and thermostat, then start saving for a new baby, perhaps spend a little more and go with a more well-started yearling. You will have to 40 breeder to move it up to when it gets larger.

I agree with Chip. I think you really need to save up your money and not just jump into another one. These are living animals that depend on your care to survive. Saying the mice were too big is no excuse, you have scissors. I cut up at least five mice a week into smaller pieces for smaller snakes until I can get a hold of the right sized mice. You need to focus on getting your husbandry right, instead of jump into yet another snake that will fail in your care. Instead of relying on your grandparents to care for your pets, look for a job of your own and save up from each paycheck.

i have been thinking about getting a summer job at my local pet store but i have not had the chance to talk with the owner. these past few months my grandparents have had several pets die, my snakes, 3 of my goldfish and several of their cockateil[they usef to have 10 now they have 4 males and one female] the only things that haven't had any trouble are my chickens, my puppyand my tarantula, we had moved the tanks into a new room shortly before christmas and i think the coldside became too cold[thats where i found both of them, i had tried to convince my grandpa to get two hoppers but he wouldn't go for it.

Well tell your grandpa thanks for making your snake die. Seriously, if you don't have a means of providing the proper conditions and food and housing for animals now, just wait until you are out on your own and have things under control. Animals shouldn't have to pay with their lives for your inability to care for them properly. I'm sorry if the truth hurts, but they are NOT disposable.

This could've been easily prevented and if you are still keeping other animals somewhere that you know is too cold, I'd move them otherwise you'll have a graveyard on your hands!

i have been thinking about getting a summer job at my local pet store but i have not had the chance to talk with the owner. these past few months my grandparents have had several pets die, my snakes, 3 of my goldfish and several of their cockateil[they usef to have 10 now they have 4 males and one female] the only things that haven't had any trouble are my chickens, my puppyand my tarantula, we had moved the tanks into a new room shortly before christmas and i think the coldside became too cold[thats where i found both of them, i had tried to convince my grandpa to get two hoppers but he wouldn't go for it.
I agree that it's probably best to just wait until you are on your own and control their environment.
Those animals should not have died.
If your grandfather is hindering proper care for the animals, then it would be best for the animals for you to wait until they can be given proper care.

It's not just the feeder size that is the problem.

You mentioned several animals have died.

If you cannot provide proper care (including proper temps and food size), whether it be do to your granparents or otherwise, then it is best to wait until you are in a position where you can provide proper husbandry before getting more animals.

It's great that you can recognize proper and inproper husbandry, but until you can provide the animals with proper care, it's better for the animals to wait.

I don't think this guy should be allowed to Care for pets. He just....like...Uhmmmmm my snake died....anyone got another one.....didn't seem to bother him much

Back