• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Cornsnake freakout?

SarahP

Crazy Snake Lady Trainee
(Posted this in the wrong forum, earlier. Sorry about that!)

So, tonight, I was looking at my charcoal gal, who was hanging out in one of her hides, and sticking her head out as usual. I noticed she was looking at the back of the tank. It's open to the room and there's a light on a little behind the tank. Standing lamp, so it's not shining directly on her.

I wiggled my fingers a little, as she usually comes to investigate. Not tonight. Tonight, she literally threw herself toward the back of the tank and then spend the next few minutes bumping into the underside of the tank lid, and speeding side to side along the back.

She calmed down for a while, but when I went over to the tank to look at her, she started speeding around again. So I covered the tank with towels and she *seems*calm at the moment, though she's still cruising around. Slower, now, fortunately.

Any ideas what would cause that sort of freakout? Too much light? The lamp is on most of the day, but she has hides, she can get out of it. She hasn't done this before that I'm aware of in the two weeks that I've had her.

Is she in blue? Did you change soap maybe? She may not have recognized the smell you were putting off and/or couldn't see as well perhaps.

She is not in blue. I did not actually touch her or put my hand in the tank.

Eek. Have you checked your temps? How are you measuring the heat (should be with a probe). Being too hot can cause higher activity/aggressiveness.. doesn't sound like it but as part of the course, if there's a problem, always check your temps!

Back