• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Cornsnake's Age vs. Length Comparisons

Cody60

Just curious :) and I'd like to know how my snake is doing, as well.

Post your snake(s) age and length, and include any other information you consider necessary.

Okeetee, about 1.5 months old and 18 inches in length

I have a bunch of records from my snakes throughout their lives, let me dig them out...

(Note: these measurements are from 5 snakes, I just combined all my data together, and I didn't measure each one every month, just whenever I thought about it, that's why some of the meaurements from one month to the next don't make sense or why there is a range of lengths for some months)

1 month = 13 inches
3 months = 15 - 16.5 inches
4 months = 15.5 inches
4.5 months = 17 inches
5.5 months = 17.5 - 18.5 inches
6 months = 22.5 inches
6.5 months = 19.5 inches
7.5 months = 21.5 inches
8.5 months = 23.5 inches
9.5 months = 25.7 - 26.5 inches
12 months = 26 - 28 inches
12.5 months = 28.5 inches
13 months = 29.3 inches
14.5 months = 29.6 inches
15.5 months = 31 inches
16 months = 31.5 inches
16.5 months = 34 - 35 inches
18 months = 33.3 inches
19 months = 36.6 inches
19.5 months = 34.5 - 37 inches
20.5 months = 35 inches
21.5 months = 37 - 38 inches
2 years = 36.4 inches
2 years 4 months = 39.5 inches
3 years = 42.5 inches

Heres a few measurements taken from a few of our corns, measured at random ages.
2 years and 7 months 39 inches
1 year and 4 months 34 inches
1 year 4 months 39 inches
2 years 4 months 42 inches

1 male snow corn 2 yrs old, 4' 1/2" feet long, 3" wide
1 female normel-motley 1 yr old, 2' long, 1" wide

1 amel, 15 months old: 35"
1 Aztec Okeetee, 13 months old: 25"
These are the last measurements I took. That was about a month and a half ago. Gotta get my digital camera fixed to get new measurements.

Mine must be a freak!

I have an amelenistic Okeetee I got from South Mountian Reptiles at a recent show. She was born in the spring on an early hatch she must be no more then 5 months old. She was pretty small at about 12 inches about a month ago. They are wiggly and hard to measure accurately but her last shed measured just over 21 inches and I am sure she grew an inch at least since then.

I sware she grows daily! At this rate she is going to easily top 30-32 inches by one year of age if not more. She is also fat for her size and already fat as my index finger (I am a big dude so that is an average mans thumb).

It would appear that Amanda has had at least one close to where my snake is at. I bought her cause I thought she might be a bigger animal at adulthood. If it were from an unknown source I would question the age. But SMR is well known and I trust them. She was along side a buch of her clutch mates and clearly much bigger then all of them. I asked clearly is this really an 04 on steriods or a real slow growing 03. They assured me she hatched when the others around her did.

So I am hopeful to one day have one of the rare 5-6 footers. If I can find her a male that is big too perhaps I can create some really big ones some day.

Jack Spirko

My two adault corns are a year old and 28-30 inches long.
My two one month old corns are about 12-13 inches long

Last edited:
Sheds stretch considerably, so you really can't go by that. If you can download Serpwidgets snake measuring program, you can use a digital photo of your snake next to an object of known size and get an accurate measurement that way.

Hi, I am new to the forum. After reading all these posts it seems that there is a big difference in sizes at approximate ages. One said their snow was over a year and only 16 inches long. My corn is about 5 months old and is 21 inches. Are the different colors what determines the size/length or is it how much they are fed or ?
Thanks for the info.

These are my sizes:
Pip (funky Normal) is approx 6 weeks old = 10inches (he also has a kink so don't know if that will affect his growth)
Zebedey an Anery and is approx 10 weeks old = 16inches... she is a non feeder so her growth will be slow until she eats on her own!
Red a Normal Corn is also about 10 weeks old = 19inches
Normal Motley Corn approx 3 months old = 18inches
Amel Motley Corn approx 3.5 months old = 19inches
Caramel Corn approx 3.5 months old = 19inches
Cremsicle Corn(dunno if this is the place) approx 4 months old = 20inches
Snow female approx 11 months old = 20inches
Female Motley Stripe Ghost approx 12 months old = 24inches
Male Motley Stripe Ghost approx 12 months old = 28inches
2 Female Anery siblings approx 12 months old = 24inches
Female Bloodred approx 12 months old = 21inches
Male Bloodred approx 13 months old = 32inches
Chocolate Corn(corn x great plains?) approx 13 months old = 39inches
Male Anery Corn approx 15 months old = 37inches
Crimson Corn approx 22 months = 34inches

Chez :)

Sheds may streach

Yet like I said this girl was born in the spring and she now goes from one end of her cage to the other streatched out and the tank is 21 inches long. She is at least 2 inches longer then it. So this is in the neighborhood of 23 inches today. I'll have to get that program oh yea and a digital camera :grin01:

The real thing is her girth if she did not poop often and if the girth was not so even I would worry she was stopped up. This is a roughly 5 month old corn that is already as fat as an average persons thumb!

She eats like a pig! I still feed her pinks and now bigger mice too. The reason she is getting the pinks is cause she eats em and is currently the smallest snake I own. So the damn things are in the freezer I have to do something with em. I bought a good supply at the show I bought her at. We will see if this growth continues but what has amazed me is the speed of the weight gain. I hope I have a potential monster. Just saw a pic of a HUGE regular Okeetee.

What I want to do is find a big Okeetee (or one with big potential) that is Het for Amel and breed with this female in a few years. I think that would be a great project IF she grows the way it looks like she is going to.

I also have another corn about 16 months old. She is a Lavander and well fed. She is over 32 inches at least possibly a few more. The reason I am so impressed with my new "little girl" is that even 10 inches shorter and almost a year younger she is almost as big around as the older snake.

I hope my instincts are right and I am in possession of a 5 foot plus breeder in a few years.

On the original post (sorry to get a bit personal) I would like to know the largest corn you guys own or have owned. Mine was a wild caught north florida animal that was just over 6 feet. He was beautiful and I kept him only for a few months and returned him to his natural home. I was 11 and just though he was a typical big corn.

Anyone here with snakes in the 5-6 foot range?

I think the world record for a corn was 62" or something. Someone here posted it a while back on another thread. My amel is almost 3 ft. at a little over a year, so I think she's going to be pretty big also. She's eating medium adult mice, and I think she's going to be ready for large in the not to distant future. She's still looking for food right after I feed her.

Meg,

Given 6 x12 is 72 inches and we have quite a few known 6+ footers (exceptions but more then one or two) in the hobby trade right now the world record must be far more then 62 inches but that make me wonder what the actual record is. Anyone know? I would also bet perhaps the largest ever was not a CB animal,

Jack

You're right Jack! A moment of brain damage....I've been trying to find that old thread that gave the world record size, but I can't seem to put the right words in the search section to get it. I thought it was under the smallest snake thread, which of course went back to the largest, but I can't find it. Maybe whoever posted it originally will repost. Anyway, it was over 6 ft.

The longest snake recorded is a Python at a whopping 32.9 feet long, that's going to need alot of pinkies for din din's. But longest Cornsnake?.... hmm interesting

Back